Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   stat checkup (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478995)

nation 08-16-2007 10:24 AM

stat checkup

I recently lost my entire database, so I have to use my stats from the past couple days. Fortunately they're pretty similar to my normal stats, except for won at sd% which is obviously high.

i'm a little worried about my fold to steal in sb and bb numbers, my agression factor on turn and river, and also the gap between my vpip and pfr. i never open limp or anything and really never limp in general. i'm assuming it's because i really like to flat call out of the blinds when laggy players are opening from the CO or button as opposed to 3-betting (which i do against tagfish). i really only like to 3-bet the good lags when in position.

i've seen a lot of good lags have fold sb and bb to steal percentages closer to the 80 range. am i defending too much?

i've also been watching some cardrunners videos and aba really stresses maintaining a high af factor on all streets. obviously he plays really high so i'd like some of your input on that to see if my numbers are way too low or normal.

anyways, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9363/statsyb2.png

fees 08-16-2007 10:28 AM

Re: stat checkup

u call alot preflop

delta k 08-16-2007 10:33 AM

my stats are damn near identical. as soon as I tried cutting my VPIP from SB and winrate went down, too.

fees 08-16-2007 10:36 AM

also ur pretty passive prf but that just goes with calling alot.. how often do you 3b light?

Jamougha 08-16-2007 10:37 AM

You're definitely defending too much. River af is low.

nation 08-16-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also ur pretty passive prf but that just goes with calling alot.. how often do you 3b light?

[/ QUOTE ]

not a whole lot. 3-bet pots are one of my weaknesses, so i pretty much have limited it lately to tag players with big steal percentages but nitty vpip/pfr.

nation 08-16-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're definitely defending too much. River af is low.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've been right around 70 for awhile and i noticed most winners, even the lags, are still at 80.

nation 08-16-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my stats are damn near identical. as soon as I tried cutting my VPIP from SB and winrate went down, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is interesting. you tried to tighten up from sb but your wr dropped? was this over a significant sample size?

Jigsaws 08-16-2007 11:28 AM

I'd review the hands were you flatcall in the blinds very carefully. It may be that you're good enough to play a lot of marginal hands profitably OOP, but if you're feeling lost in those spots you might want to cut down on calling there.

delta k 08-16-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is interesting. you tried to tighten up from sb but your wr dropped? was this over a significant sample size?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, my winrate over 85k hands or so was about 8 w/ a SB vpip of like 42 with my normal vpip at 28. I tried cutting down to 25 vpip, 30sb vpip and my win rate has dropped to about 3 over the last 35k hands. Prob not enough to mean anything. Plus during that time I was probably running really well out of the blinds because even w/ my 42 sb vpip I was only like (.02) in the SB.

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 12:35 PM

the most important stat on that page makes me wanna puke its so low [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Of course, I'm not gonna tell ya what it is here! Make you guess [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (or bug me on IRC I suppose), but seriously, there is one stat on there that is the most important imo, and you really need to fix it

Jamougha 08-16-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the most important stat on that page makes me wanna puke its so low [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Of course, I'm not gonna tell ya what it is here! Make you guess [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (or bug me on IRC I suppose), but seriously, there is one stat on there that is the most important imo, and you really need to fix it

[/ QUOTE ]

Either total af or pf af?

dragonystic 08-16-2007 12:37 PM

why are 'stat checkups' always latent brags

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 12:38 PM

jam- neither of those for sure, AF is such a whimsical stat, especially over 4k hands.

ImsaKidd 08-16-2007 12:48 PM

I dont think aiming for a stat to be a certain % is ever good.

fitnessfreak 08-16-2007 12:51 PM

edit: nevermind, OP seems genuinely interested in getting opinions.

cold call pf less, and stop defending your SB and BB so much. most other stuff looks okay, altho u cld def up the aggro factor.

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 12:53 PM

I think your wrong IMSA, there are certain stats that in the long run need to be in a certain range to be a successful player at all levels of the game

nation 08-16-2007 12:53 PM

it has to be my went to sd%. i was worried about that too, but i don't want to become a calling station just to raise my numbers. i'd prefer to fold than stab in the dark and call randomly without knowing why. i'm pretty sure i need more experience to start being able to call down correctly.

thac 08-16-2007 12:54 PM

I was thinking it was your total hands. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

nation 08-16-2007 12:54 PM

but, any suggestions for getting it in a better range? what is a better range?

mason55 08-16-2007 12:56 PM

carrotsnake -

you think they'll ever guess it?

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 12:59 PM

(not actually that one either :S).

Overall nation, cuz I'm a nice guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For someone who is just starting to play 6 max, you defend entirely to much from the blinds. A more optimal set of numbers would be 85/75 and 90/80 is probably even better for someone like you who hasn't played a ton oop 6 max poker. Ease your way into it. Next, you don't call enough on the river apparently(this is a sample size thing unfortunately). Your wtsd needs to be a few points higher and w@sd lower. Also, your W$sf is really low, that points to your unaggresiveness(stemming from playing oop with to many hands), which is incredibly exploitable. If you are going to play said hands oop, you need to be leading or c/r'ing more. Lastly, value bet the river more, your AF factor there is obviously a tad low and that also pulls into your sd numbers meaning they are artificially inflated.

ImsaKidd 08-16-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your wrong IMSA, there are certain stats that in the long run need to be in a certain range to be a successful player at all levels of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

But when people are like "My fold SB to MP pfr stat is 65%, it def. needs to be 70!", it seems dumb.

Use the stats to figure out you might be leaky in a spot, THEN go over that spot with someone, not aiming to get to a certain stat %, but to play the situation better.

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 01:02 PM

fair enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Imrahil 08-16-2007 01:06 PM

I thought 40% W$SF is standard?

fitnessfreak 08-16-2007 01:06 PM

carrotsnake, just to clarify, were you referring to his Won$WSF being way too low?

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 01:09 PM

fitness, nah, was talking about his fold to river bet % [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Imrahil, shrug, depends on your game I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Imrahil 08-16-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fitness, nah, was talking about his fold to river bet % [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Imrahil, shrug, depends on your game I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a crazy mutherfucker so I guess yours is like 46%.

Xanta 08-16-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jam- neither of those for sure, AF is such a whimsical stat, especially over 4k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amount won LDO.

carrotsnake 08-16-2007 01:15 PM

mason55 08-16-2007 01:30 PM

40% is definitely on the low side of things. might not be a huge leak but it shows there's definitely room for improvement.

Skuzzy 08-16-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"37"

right, so now i know why i'm getting killed. WTF now [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

mason55 08-16-2007 01:36 PM

prob is that w$sf is just the end result of whatever leak you have. lots of different leaks will result in your w$sf being too low

Xanta 08-16-2007 02:37 PM

For a good but not at all great player at NL100/NL200 (not great at OOP play) is having a really high fold to steal stat, say around 88SB and 86BB a big leak?

nation 08-16-2007 03:00 PM

any comments on the disparity between vpip/pfr?

Dan Bitel 08-16-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any comments on the disparity between vpip/pfr?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends, does it come from overlimping or from calling preflop raises (esp OOP)?

nation 08-16-2007 03:24 PM

mostly from calling pf raises, some oop i never really overlimp

wrschultz 08-16-2007 03:32 PM

The thing that jumps out like a cougar is your defending. Like carrotsnake said, you're calling oop WAAAY too much. I'm 100% sure you can be a big winner if you NEVER call raises from the blinds at 200nl.

nation 08-16-2007 04:01 PM

how's this one look guys? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3410/stats2zx2.png

thac 08-16-2007 04:02 PM

It's 500 hands, what do YOU think?