Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: March. (#7 of 8.) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344374)

Naked Penguins 03-12-2007 02:43 PM

Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: March. (#7 of 7.)

anyone noticing wpx No limit games are completely dying?

NL games hard to come except at peak times. Its 12pm now and there are 3 ppl playing NL50, none at NL 100 and 4 tables of NL 200 going but not all of them are full. seems like every week there are less players

Benjamin 03-12-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone noticing wpx No limit games are completely dying?

NL games hard to come except at peak times. Its 12pm now and there are 3 ppl playing NL50, none at NL 100 and 4 tables of NL 200 going but not all of them are full. seems like every week there are less players

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, not completely dying, anyway. Now, 3pm EST, there are:

NL10: 3 tables
NL25: 5 tables
NL50: 3 tables
NL100: 3 tables
NL200: 3 tables plus 1 hu table
NL400: 1 table

Not great, but there is action to be had.

fusting4321 03-15-2007 03:07 PM

Just like to include i appreciate the free shirt i got mailed to me from you guys

Mike Cuneo 03-15-2007 03:46 PM

Has anyone done a bank wire to WSEX? I did one last Friday and it still isn't there yet. The person on live chat told me to check back in 15 min so hopefully it shows up. Anyone have info here?

metsandfinsfan 03-16-2007 01:07 AM

Please fix the autopost blind thing. I turned it off again cause i wanted to get up when it hit my blinds but it still posted it for me

jonderry 03-16-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Things that need to be fixed in order of priority.

1. Slider for NL games: Hands need to be playable within less than 2 seconds. With the current system many times I have to enter amounts in manually. This is a HUGE thing. It affects the game quality tremendously. I should almost never have to enter a bet in manually.

[/ QUOTE ]

The slider is my #1 issue right now. I've got a touch of carpal tunnel right now and will only play on sites for which I can map most of my actions to keypresses (including sizing bets in NL). Another side-effect of having a good slider is that one can map about 4 or 5 keys to different spots on the slider and have them cover 99% of your bet-sizing needs (e.g. min-bet 1/2-pot 3/4-pot full-pot all-in covers covers 99% of post flop bets and most preflop bets too).

Here's a suggestion: if the slider ranges from 0 to 99 make 0 correspond to a min bet/raise, 25 to midway between min-bet and full-pot, 50 to full-pot, 75 to mid way between full-pot and all-in and 99 to all-in. I'm pretty sure full tilt uses something like this and it works pretty well.

This is trivial to code and would take one programmer 3 hours tops to implement. I could do it in 5 minutes if I knew the relevant calls to compute the buyin, min-bet, and pot size. After that it's just a matter of coding up a simple piecewise linear function (with only 2 pieces).

Ineedaride2 03-17-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The slider is my #1 issue right now. I've got a touch of carpal tunnel right now and will only play on sites for which I can map most of my actions to keypresses (including sizing bets in NL). Another side-effect of having a good slider is that one can map about 4 or 5 keys to different spots on the slider and have them cover 99% of your bet-sizing needs (e.g. min-bet 1/2-pot 3/4-pot full-pot all-in covers covers 99% of post flop bets and most preflop bets too).

Here's a suggestion: if the slider ranges from 0 to 99 make 0 correspond to a min bet/raise, 25 to midway between min-bet and full-pot, 50 to full-pot, 75 to mid way between full-pot and all-in and 99 to all-in. I'm pretty sure full tilt uses something like this and it works pretty well.

This is trivial to code and would take one programmer 3 hours tops to implement. I could do it in 5 minutes if I knew the relevant calls to compute the buyin, min-bet, and pot size. After that it's just a matter of coding up a simple piecewise linear function (with only 2 pieces).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

WSEX GM 03-18-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Things that need to be fixed in order of priority.

1. Slider for NL games: Hands need to be playable within less than 2 seconds. With the current system many times I have to enter amounts in manually. This is a HUGE thing. It affects the game quality tremendously. I should almost never have to enter a bet in manually.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a new release coming out on Tuesday with a new slider. I will shortly post the other details of the release.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

rtucker5 03-19-2007 02:45 AM

Is First Pay a withdrawal option? Earlier in the thread you said:

[ QUOTE ]
First Pay has pulled out of gaming. It's completely dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shandrax 03-19-2007 03:42 AM

There is something annoying and I didn't know that I did it myself. There are people who quit a table by simply sitting out until they get kicked. I always that that this was bad etiquette, but now I noticed that I was still on the table sitting out after having clicked "leave".

It seems as long as you are logged on you own that seat, you cannot simply leave a table thereby blocking a seat for up to 10 minutes. I can understand if it helps with disconnect problems, but clicking the "leave" button should usually indicate that the player wants to give up his seat for good.