Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Knocked Up (the movie) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419440)

Dids 06-04-2007 10:33 AM

Knocked Up (the movie)

Is better than 95% of movies you have seen this year imo.

Just a perfect combination of funny, crass, sweet, smart. Really solid movie, probably better than 40 Year Old Virgin and on par with Anchorman.

Go watch now plz.

capone0 06-04-2007 10:37 AM

Re: Knocked Up (the movie)

Only thing disappointing is we didn't get any Heigl topless action. What were there like 4-5 sex scenes and she had her bra on every time ^^. It was pretty damn good though.

otnemem 06-04-2007 10:37 AM

I've read this in pretty much every review. They've done a really horrible job of making it look good from the commercials and previews, which is unfortunate it it's as good as everybody's been saying it is.

Blarg 06-04-2007 10:42 AM

Haven't seen it yet and I hate the "oh aren't babies delightful" theme in movies, but the male lead was so good in The 40 Year Old Virgin that I really want this movie to succeed so we can see him some more.

Billy Bibbit 06-04-2007 10:43 AM

I firmly believe that every single movie looks worse in the previews than it actually is. It's like it's a rule that previews are required to make a movie look dumb.

danzasmack 06-04-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I firmly believe that every single movie looks worse in the previews than it actually is. It's like it's a rule that previews are required to make a movie look dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

jarhead

Dids 06-04-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen it yet and I hate the "oh aren't babies delightful" theme in movies, but the male lead was so good in The 40 Year Old Virgin that I really want this movie to succeed so we can see him some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's very little of that.

There's some sweet parts, but this is not at all an overly sappy movie.

wh1t3bread 06-04-2007 10:51 AM

I thought this movie was great. I usually don't say this, but it's definitely worth paying $11 to go see in the theater.

Jim Jiminez 06-04-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
probably better than 40 Year Old Virgin and on par with Anchorman

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's terrible? Won't be seeing.

hanimal 06-04-2007 10:58 AM

I loved this movie. I wanted to see it again right after.
Like Dids said, it had the perfect balance of funny and sweet, but the heartfelt moments felt real, not Hollywood contrived.

I would say it is on the long side though.
At one point I found myself thinking, geez it's been a really long time and the story is far from being resolved.
But it's a good thing, Apatow doesn't rush anything or use gimmicks to end the movie quickly.

If you're not a complete killjoy, I would say you will laugh out loud once every 2-3 minutes.