Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA HoFers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408133)

hanster 05-21-2007 01:10 AM

NBA HoFers

I don't recall reading anything about this. I only saw people talk about baseball players. Basketball HoF is obviously more prestigious so I assume people know who are going to get in and who aren't beforehand. Today, my friend and I had a quite interesting conversation about who is HoF and who isn't. I am not going to say who I think should be and who I think shouldn't be in, because that's the discussion I want to see in this thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

List:
Current:
Shaq
Kobe
KG
Duncan
Nash
Iverson

Retired:
David Robinson
Scottie Pippen
Reggie Miller
Mark Jackson

I am just thinking on top of my head right now. There are some obvious ones and some that aren't so obvious. Also, please feel free to add to the list. I must be forgetting some key names because 6 HoFers in this generation seems a tad little, no?

j555 05-21-2007 01:12 AM

Re: NBA HoFers

Just a guess, but Michael Jordan? Stockton? Malone?

Roger's Park 05-21-2007 01:13 AM

Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, Dikembe Mutombo...

Jack of Arcades 05-21-2007 01:16 AM

Kidd, Payton, and Dirk make it.

dnh83 05-21-2007 01:18 AM

lol at Action Jackson in the HOF, no freaking way. Also I think Mourning and Mutumbo are no's.

lastchance 05-21-2007 01:21 AM

Chris Paul, Lebron, and Wade all are very, very likely to be HOFers. Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard are also very high on the list. Elton Brand is only 28. Amare's only 24?

Dirk and T-Mac anyone? Yao's only 26 (yes, that's disgusting).

Jordan, Stockton, Malone, Robinson, Miller, Payton, Mourning, Mutumbo, all probably locks.

j555 05-21-2007 01:25 AM

Ok, you're talking about borderline HOFs i think and that's why you left off MJ, Malone, and Stockton at least I hope.

So from your current list i'd say those top 4 in the current list will be in the HOF. I guess I'd have to wait and see on Nash and Iverson.

Robinson, Miller, Payton, and maybe Pippen are in. Mourning and Mutombo are borderline I think. Also, has Hakeem gone in yet because he'll be lock too.

Roger's Park 05-21-2007 01:26 AM

Do you guys think V Carter, R Allen and P Pierce have a chance?

capone0 05-21-2007 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Paul, Lebron, and Wade all are very, very likely to be HOFers. Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard are also very high on the list. Elton Brand is only 28. Amare's only 24?

Dirk and T-Mac anyone? Yao's only 26 (yes, that's disgusting).

Jordan, Stockton, Malone, Robinson, Miller, Payton, Mourning, Mutumbo, all probably locks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Paul, Lebron and Wade have HOF talent, there are not even close to being in. They have long ways to go. They need to stay healthy.

If Mutombo and Mourning are in then there are a handful of players who should also easily be in. Odds are two of them don't have the resume yet.

lastchance 05-21-2007 01:33 AM

Hakeem hasn't gone in yet. He is a lock.

V Carter isn't close right now. Ray Allen probably doesn't have a chance.

Pierce probably doesn't make it, but he could with 5 or 6 years of goodness or some more breakoutness.