Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   50-100 hu... v tricky stack off decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557064)

Ansky 11-29-2007 07:23 AM

50-100 hu... v tricky stack off decision

Early in match, nothing notable has happened yet, except i almost made a couple of big folds but failed to.

We know almost nothing about villain except that a friend said he saw him play the other day and he played fairly TAG, but really we dont have much of a read.

he raises, I rr AJs to 1100 he calls.

Flop A T 6 all clubs. I check he checks.

Turn is a 4 of spades. I bet 1500 he raises to 4000.

I...

Sorry for not providing more info but this is all I had at the time.

IRIVERU 11-29-2007 07:40 AM

Re: 50-100 hu... v tricky stack off decision

call turn. check call river

Ship Ship McGipp 11-29-2007 07:57 AM

if i checked the flop, i feel like id' check the turn too.

if i did bet, i feel like i'd feel obliged to stack off in some ways, but i would not feel good about it.

Terkman 11-29-2007 08:45 AM

stack sizes?

TheWorstPlayer 11-29-2007 09:31 AM

I think I'd fold. If I didn't fold, I think it's a pretty clear call, c/c river once you get here. But you obviously don't like club rivers. You dont like some 9, 8, rivers too. I think between the times you're already toast and the times you will be beaten on the river, you really dont have that much equity in this spot. It's not like your line looks weak. And I agree with AEJ that you should check the turn here most of the time.

luegofuego 11-29-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd fold. If I didn't fold, I think it's a pretty clear call, c/c river once you get here. But you obviously don't like club rivers. You dont like some 9, 8, rivers too. I think between the times you're already toast and the times you will be beaten on the river, you really dont have that much equity in this spot. It's not like your line looks weak. And I agree with AEJ that you should check the turn here most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft esp bold part. dont really like hte flop check...

EC10 11-29-2007 10:51 AM

i fold. i agree that if you check flop you should c/c turn and c/c river instead of betting, generally.

jfish 11-29-2007 02:37 PM

diagree with ec/ae. i would bet turn after i checked flop on a board like this and i fold as played.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-29-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
diagree with ec/ae. i would bet turn after i checked flop on a board like this and i fold as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

then why are yu betting. that makes no sense. we would rarely if ever check this flop with a two pair hand, and we only improve on the turn 3 out of like 40 times or 2 out of 40 times and that is assuming that we get to the turn with a hand that is possible to improve, which we would rarely 3-bet preflop.

so, we're betting for information? you think he's always raising with better? what exactly do yout hink he has? I'm not saying he often checks behind 2p+ buy it's more likely than us checking it as the PFR, if you ask me.

jfish 11-29-2007 03:02 PM

i think hes going to be raising a bet or betting if checked to very infrequently. i expect him to call/fold once we bet the large majority, so its worth protecting equity and getting value out of the hand on turn.