Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   $10 KQ in BB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376542)

RobBizzle 04-12-2007 12:22 AM

$10 KQ in BB

No reads but I have been playing pretty tight.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG+1 ($12.38)
MP1 ($4.50)
MP2 ($6.16)
MP3 ($10.79)
CO ($6.14)
Button ($8.05)
SB ($4.70)
Hero ($15.21)
UTG ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.2</font>, MP3 calls $0.20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($1.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $0.3</font>, MP3 calls $0.30, Button folds, Hero????

This has to be a fold here right? Thoughts everywhere would be appreciated though.

MrMysterious 04-12-2007 12:41 AM

Re: $10 KQ in BB

kqo looks pretty, and i know its a min raise but your position sucks, its gonna be a multiway pot that KQo will NOT play well in (in part because--&gt;)and they arn't suited.

rr pf is better than call, i still chuck pf, and deffinately fold flop cause your ahead of KT and a bluff.
and multiway that is just not good enough.

Vanidor 04-12-2007 12:42 AM

I would raise in this position--maybe 1.00-1.40.

This is why I like this play: I think the small bets and multiple calls are signs of weakness. The check/raise is a power play that will drive out a lot of weak hands that you currently beat, but are vulnerable to, and may also fold hands that are slightly better than yours like AK. If you are called you have gained a lot of information and will know that you are probably beat (although some real loose calling stations might still be in with weaker hands.) If you are reraised, you are definitely beat.
I know that your hand is not great, and you are out of position, but I still think it might be good and you should try to take down this pot.

MrMysterious 04-12-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The check/raise is a power play that will drive out a lot of weak hands that you currently beat, but are vulnerable to, and may also fold hands that are slightly better than yours like AK. If you are called you have gained a lot of information and will know that you are probably beat (although some real loose calling stations might still be in with weaker hands.) If you are reraised, you are definitely beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

this turns out hand into a bluff, better to do it with some junk hand we can get away from really cheaply if called, (AK is almost certainly calling in a 10NL game)

Gigglegirl 04-12-2007 12:51 AM

It's a very weak c-bet from pre flop raiser and just a call from MP3 doesn't show any strength. That could indicate a flop miss by PFRer and maybe a draw or a J for MP3.
You have top pair and a decent kicker, I raise to 1.50 and see who still wants to dance.

RobBizzle 04-12-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The check/raise is a power play that will drive out a lot of weak hands that you currently beat, but are vulnerable to, and may also fold hands that are slightly better than yours like AK. If you are called you have gained a lot of information and will know that you are probably beat (although some real loose calling stations might still be in with weaker hands.) If you are reraised, you are definitely beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

this turns out hand into a bluff, better to do it with some junk hand we can get away from really cheaply if called, (AK is almost certainly calling in a 10NL game)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. No one at 10nl is gonna lay down AK here and prob not AQs either.

MrMysterious 04-12-2007 12:57 AM

most of this argument is moot anyways...

KQo out of position, without initiative, multiway is just a junk hand that will not make enough money often enough to play.

Vanidor 04-12-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it turns our hand into a semi-bluff, without taking away the value it has if it is currently the best hand.
I think the bluff is added value and that sometimes AK will fold here.

AKQJ 04-12-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This has to be a fold here right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? If so, I am interested to know your point of view, because I reraise this pretty massively, at least on the flop

Do you think someone will only bet 3BB for AK ?

RobBizzle 04-12-2007 01:12 AM

I think that it is a fold due to you being out of position and then there is a bet and a call and still people left behind you to act. At this point what can we beat?