Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Dean Video: Bluff vs Llama (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464097)

gaming_mouse 07-29-2007 09:09 PM

Dean Video: Bluff vs Llama

In his 50/100 video, Dean c/r bluffs a 2p2 who I think is The Funky Llama -- in any case, all that's relevant is that Dean describes him as a tough 2p2er.

Llama raises from HJ, SB c, Dean c
4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to Llama who bets, only Dean calls
Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Dean c/r.

His reasoning is that when he (Dean) c/c the flop, his range is really wide, so Llama is betting again on the turn 100% of the time, which means Llama's range is wide too, so he'll be folding alot and the bluff will be +EV.

My question: Is Llama folding an ace here? Is he folding lower pocket pairs?

Trix 07-29-2007 09:15 PM

Re: Dean Video: Bluff vs Llama

Depends how he views Dean. If he doesn´t think dean will bluff this card on this board, then it makes sense to do so. If he thinks Dean is random overaggro tag, then it kinda sucks.

I dont think CRing here should be the default play, but it may be good once in a while if you image is great.

gaming_mouse 07-29-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends how he views Dean. If he doesn´t think dean will bluff this card on this board, then it makes sense to do so. If he thinks Dean is random overaggro tag, then it kinda sucks.

I dont think CRing here should be the default play, but it may be good once in a while if you image is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that he knows it's Dean and is familiar with Dean's play.

gemmer 07-29-2007 11:50 PM

I don't think it's Funky Llama.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Didn't Dean have K7? If so, he has the best hand most of the time here.

gaming_mouse 07-30-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's Funky Llama.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Didn't Dean have K7? If so, he has the best hand most of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha... Yeah sorry dean had K7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

And yes, gemmer, my question was inspired by the point you are making. At first I was like... sweet bluff. But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like Dean's hand must have been good anyway. I think maybe the guy is folding ace hi, but maybe not even that. Of course, it's nice to get him to fold a six outer.

PartyGirlUK 07-30-2007 01:17 AM

Its def not my default play, but imo profitable and a very useful weapon for shania.

I haven't played much with this guy, but I'm sure he knew who I am and that I'm a thinking TAG [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ye I probably had the best hand but I do think I fold out some better and it's still good to c/r bluff here.

The Funky Llama 07-30-2007 01:49 AM

highly doubt this was me

Trix 07-30-2007 02:03 AM

Think that is a flop fold..

PartyGirlUK 07-30-2007 02:11 AM

It was JJLLama

Flop is interesting, as a default I've been folding, but it seems that lots of winning players peel lightly here -- it doesnt make sense if you are playing purely to hit a hand, but if you are gonna steal some pots........

The Funky Llama 07-30-2007 02:22 AM

Yea, that is not me.