Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The UltimateBet Issue (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417072)

whitelime 06-01-2007 04:24 AM

The UltimateBet Issue

Mods, can you please sticky this? I think this is the proper place for this because it affects us high stakes players the most. Additionally, while I think it might still be more appropriate in the internet forum, let's stick it in both to get this issue more attention because it is absolutely ridiculous. I'm x-posting this from my blog on cardrunners also. I really think we have a lot of well-known players on this forum, some with strong relationships with UltimateBet, who can band together and get something done.

Rather than IM a bunch of you, I think it'll be easier if I post this in a public place where others who I might not know will also get to read this. I think most of you know this, but for those who don't, ever since neteller stopped accepting US customers, UltimateBet has been extremely shady about cashouts.

They have asked well-known long-time players, some who have had accounts with them for multiple years and have deposited and cashed out hundreds of thousands of dollars, to send them verification of their identity and address such as utility bills, drivers license, etc.

On top of this, they have refused cashout requests for players and made up excuses such as "those funds originated from a transfer. please transfer them back to the originating account". This is actually the bigger issue. They need to understand that without neteller and an easy way for players to get money on and offline, swap transfers (ie. i'll send you $x on PokerStars if you send me $x on UltimateBet) are extremely common and often the easiest way to move money around from site to site. For them to not allow me to cashout money despite extensive play just because I used a swap transfer to get the original funds into my UltimateBet account is pretty ridiculous.

I think we need to do something about this. I don't know the management of UltimateBet personally, but hopefully Taylor, others, and I can band together and get this issue addressed.

iDONKEDyoo 06-01-2007 04:32 AM

Re: The UltimateBet Issue

i agree, mods please sticky this

Jeff W 06-01-2007 04:39 AM

Ultimate Bet is definitely shady. Link I agree this should be stickied to warn HS players. It took me about a month of to finally receive a wire transfer from them and they repeatedly cancelled the cashout without so much as an e-mail.

MYNAMEIZGREG 06-01-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree, mods please sticky this

[/ QUOTE ]

durrrr 06-01-2007 04:52 AM

i agree emil... sticky?

creedofhubris 06-01-2007 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, mods please sticky this

[/ QUOTE ]

06-01-2007 04:52 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

06-01-2007 05:05 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

n0rthf4ce 06-01-2007 05:07 AM

this is p3achy: i agree as well

tizim 06-01-2007 05:56 AM

Very annoying, this really needs a sticky imo.