Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Seven Card Stud High Low Heads Up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559037)

R3M0T3 12-02-2007 12:47 AM

Seven Card Stud High Low Heads Up

Is there any strategy for scs hl available on the internet.

tmcdmck 12-02-2007 12:52 AM

Re: Seven Card Stud High Low Heads Up

the stud forum might be the place to start, or google, or supersystem 2 (of which you can find online book excerpts)

and dont spam this forum. no one plays stud hilo HU, which makes me think that you dont care for HU, you just hope people will be more likely to help if you put HU in the title.

damnit i now feel stupid for even pointing you slightly in the right direction. get lost.

*also holy crap someone make cwar a mod quick please*

R3M0T3 12-02-2007 12:57 AM

People do play stud high low heads up if they make it to the last two in a tournament.

tmcdmck 12-02-2007 12:59 AM

OMFG wrong forum even if you do want HU advice: HU in the late stages of a tourney does not go in this forum. read the sticky.

daveT 12-02-2007 01:02 AM

I wish that people did play stud hi lo heads up. There is virtually no variance and super high profit. But that's if you actually know what you are doing, and I don't. Wow, this is getting more and more low-content.

We should changed this forum to the LC forum, and just have one HU strategy thread. I hope cwar institutes this.

tmcdmck 12-02-2007 01:06 AM

yeah, i dont think O8 is much worse though, and people do actually play that HU. plus its not stud, which is always a huge bonus is my eyes (except for razz, which is actually quite fun, but they realised that, and so were careful not to mention in its name that it is a form of stud).

whenever it gets to the hilo section is HORSE i just try and go the opposite way to everyone else and pump the pot. if that is not looking possible i am just super weak tight. i played stud hilo HU once, i actually won a couple of dollars. i thought it was stud high for most of the game though, which i think says alot.

and holy crap this is LC

daveT 12-02-2007 01:14 AM

I love razz as well. Pure common sense, yet they still call with all face cards! Frigging amazing!

But, hey since it is LC, we may as well take advantage of our mod-free forum.

Omaha/8 is my CRACK! I am totally addicted, don't understand the dangers, and have spent more money on it than I have on food. Fortunately for me, playing O8 short handed and heads up is exactly like Hold'em, and I do fine at it.

What the [censored] is wrong with us?

tmcdmck 12-02-2007 01:20 AM

dude its a well established fact that split pot games fire up the degen in you. so many (seemingly) playable hands, so many opportunities to hero call (my rubbish high is good because they are always going for low!), so much action, so many fishies. O8 is awesome fun, and i 100% agree that the more short handed it is, the less i suck at it.

my lord this has got me thinking about how degen i am, which makes me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

but then i go play o8 and feel good again! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

so degen

daveT 12-02-2007 01:31 AM

Nothing cures the sadness of losing 80% of your bankroll in one day more than a half hour session of O8. Hand selection schmelection ftw!

I still can't figure why you should not limp with AKQJ UTG. There are so many pretty face cards. And if it's double suited: Holy makerol, I am raising!

tmcdmck 12-02-2007 01:37 AM

YES! omg someone else who shares my passion for high only hands in hilo games!