Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Keeper league: Vanek or Cheechoo? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539793)

Requin 11-06-2007 03:57 PM

Keeper league: Vanek or Cheechoo?

I'm thinking of a trade involving these guys (I have Vanek), who do you rate higher and by how much? My league only counts points, nothing else, no position requirements. I'm making a run this year so their immediate expected performance matters a bit, but only if they clear like 75 points or so.

g-bebe 11-06-2007 04:02 PM

Re: Keeper league: Vanek or Cheechoo?

Between these two, I'd say Vanek. They're both off to horrible starts, but I think Vanek will be worth down the road (and he'll finish with more points than Cheechoo).

Triumph36 11-06-2007 04:10 PM

Cheechoo. Vanek's big contract means he can just coast in Buffalo, and he doesn't have any elite-level talent to work with anymore. There will be a point 3 or 4 years from now when Vanek will eclipse Cheechoo permanently, but I think Cheechoo's the better guy until then.

mosuavea 11-06-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheechoo. Vanek's big contract means he can just coast in Buffalo, and he doesn't have any elite-level talent to work with anymore. There will be a point 3 or 4 years from now when Vanek will eclipse Cheechoo permanently, but I think Cheechoo's the better guy until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, the contract is far from making Vanek coast, hes actually played harder than I have ever seen him. Rather its making him grip the stick pretty hard and he just isn't finishing at this point this year. Pretty evident in his break aways moves and odd man rush moves (or lack there of) and retarded retaliatory penalties. Plus his power play unit sucks and Gaustad is getting the tip in from the front of the net which were Vaneks bread and butter last year.

I dont follow the Sharks much but if you are making a run this year I find it hard for you to not snag Cheechoo given how the Sabres are playing.

Requin 11-06-2007 07:19 PM

Went ahead and made the trade, buffalo just sketches me out now and I really think Marleau and Cheechoo will pick it up.

g-bebe 11-06-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Went ahead and made the trade, buffalo just sketches me out now and I really think Thornton and Thornton will pick it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

imo, Cheech won't get much unless he's playing with Thornton -- which right now, as far as I know, he's not.

situations like Vanek's are a puzzle to me -- without Briere and Drury, Vanek's going to be asked to shoulder more of the scoring load (good for fantasy owners), but without Briere and Drury, it's also going to be harder to do so (because they were very vital to Buffalo's success).

either way, both Buffalo and San Jose aren't playing great right now (albeit SJ is better). when all else fails:

1. acquire Carolina Hurricane forwards
2. profit

Yads 11-07-2007 05:23 PM

Cheechoo is way down in the depth chart now, he's not going to put up the numbers unless he's with Thornton as g-bebe said.

dkgojackets 11-07-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. acquire Carolina Hurricane forwards
2. profit

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I have Staal, Cole, Brind'Amour, Stillman, and Whitney on my team.