Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Limit change rules for an existing cash game... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558609)

JohnnyGroomsTD 12-01-2007 11:43 AM

Limit change rules for an existing cash game...

Just a question for players about their local card room rules.

An entire table is playing 1-2 NL, and the game has been live for several hours. Many of the players want to raise the limit and play 2-5 NL. How many objections from players at the table are required to prevent the game from changing to a 2-5 game?

Little Wing 12-01-2007 11:53 AM

Re: Limit change rules for an existing cash game...

Not sure but I think it has to be unanimous...

Don Olney 12-01-2007 11:58 AM

Johnny,
When I was in Reno they had this change game rule for the 10/20 to 20/40. It took two no votes to keep the game at the same limit. One no vote they game would change.

mpitts 12-01-2007 12:00 PM

Most games that I have played in require an agreement from all of the players at the table.

Meraxes 12-01-2007 12:02 PM

Generally, all players, unless there's at least one spot open on a same-limit table elsewhere in the room that the objector(s) can move to.

psandman 12-01-2007 12:06 PM

In my room the floors seem to treat it differently if the players are changing to a game we regularly spread than if its a game we don't regularly spread.

So if a bunch of players are in the game playing $2-$4 and all but one want to play $4-$8 they will change the game. But if they want to play $3-$6 it won't happen if anyone objects. I don't think this is an official rule, just the way it works out.

okietalker 12-01-2007 12:21 PM

Everywhere I have ever played it had to be unanimous.

AWLurch 12-01-2007 12:57 PM

Sometimes it even has to be unanimous including names on the list, if this is the only table available.

psandman 12-01-2007 02:02 PM

It a terrible idea to require unanimity. If you are trying to get a game going, you have 2 guys want to play $20-$40 and a few guys want to play $40-$80 and you talk the $40-$80 guys into playing lower until there game gets going. After a while you end up with 8 guys who want to play $40-$80 in a game with one $20-$40 player and you refuse to change the game these guys aren't going to want to help you start a game next time because then the game they want won't get started when they have enough players.

HOWMANY 12-01-2007 02:07 PM

at commerce you need more than 1 objection to prevent the game from being changed.