Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   NYC Poker Robbery and Shooting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537313)

BBMW 11-03-2007 12:29 AM

NYC Poker Robbery and Shooting

A new club that had just opened to replace a recently closed NYC club got robbed tonight. One player was shot. The shooting victim's condition is unknown at this point.

eviljeff 11-03-2007 12:34 AM

Re: NYC Poker Robbery and Shooting

hope the player is ok. wow, scary. this might be an instance in which people should not be discouraged from coming forth with any details that might help catch the perps.

*TT* 11-03-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hope the player is ok. wow, scary. this might be an instance in which people should not be discouraged from coming forth with any details that might help catch the perps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am investigating, already placed 4 calls and I have lots more to do tonight. The staff/owners will work with the police, there will be video and MANY witnesses (unless the video was taken). Hang tight, lets wait till I get word how to proceed. It might take a day because my contact there is probably deep in the mud right now.

black00gt 11-03-2007 12:40 AM

I was there. There were four robbers with guns. The guy was shot in the side of the chest. He looked like he was in pretty bad shape. The robbers were there at least 10 minutes and stuck around 3 minutes after he had been shot. They called it in as soon as the guys left but it still took 15 minutes for police/EMS response. I really hope the guy is ok.

black00gt 11-03-2007 12:41 AM

Please let us know how the guy who was shot is doing.

*TT* 11-03-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please let us know how the guy who was shot is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, I'll pass along a lot of info once I get it, as much as its ok - I assume we will probably allow more than usual because lives far outweigh poker. There is a chance for legal reasons to protect the victim that we cannot share details but I doubt that will be the case - usually this kind of info spreads fast.

BBMW 11-03-2007 12:59 AM

I do know the first name of and some descriptive information about the victim. If you want me to post it I will.

PlzHelpMe 11-03-2007 12:59 AM

was he not cooperating with the gunmen or did they just shoot him umprovoked.

BBMW 11-03-2007 01:01 AM

I can't answer that.

black00gt 11-03-2007 01:03 AM

He wasn't doing anything. They shot him for no reason.