Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Fined by my apartment complex (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499975)

NajdorfDefense 09-13-2007 09:10 PM

Re: Fined by my apartment complex

[ QUOTE ]
Apologize, pay the fine, then Dump what you feel like is your $25 worth of smelly trash in the management office LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

Felix_Nietzsche 09-13-2007 09:14 PM

Talk to them face-to-face.
Do NOT pay the fine because this would be considered an admission of guilt.

bearwiredpair 09-13-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The manager responded with this:

Ryan,

We actually look through the trash to see who it belongs to you would not have gotten a fine unless we found your items in there. Yes you pay rent and you also signed a trash addendum stating where to put your trash not the BBQ areas.

If you would like to speak to me you may come by in the morning I am in a budget meeting all day.

Thanks,
Sandi

Which is compete [censored]. More importantly none of our trash was in the BBQ area.

What should I do OOT?

i like the idea about dumping trash in the office. Prob wont do it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go over your lease with a fine toothed comb. They can not arbitrarily fine you. It has to state somewhere that you will be fined if you leave trash somewhere. If you cant find it make them show it to you.

Make them prove it. What the heck could they have that pins this on you? Some junk mail addressed to your apt. ?

If its on the lease or in the rules and they got something that IDs you as a litter bug, tell them you are 100% sure you did not do it and you will make sure it never happens again and ask for a warning.

If they say no...Pay the fine and ask for a job picking up trash because someone is getting rich.

firstyearclay 09-13-2007 10:17 PM

NT is right and 4aces is a complete a-hole.

fyc

En Passant 09-13-2007 10:35 PM

I don't think he was intentionally trying to be rude in the letter.... He just doesn't know how to write.

firstyearclay 09-13-2007 11:54 PM

doesnt change the fact that aces is a pure a-hole, and not just for this letter... also a huge fish at 25/50.

fyc

dlk9s 09-14-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some douchebags were throwing bear bottles on the walkway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those must have been big [censored] bottles. I'm not surprised this pissed you off.

SpaceAce 09-14-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We actually look through the trash to see who it belongs to you

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this is believable. CSI: Sandi. I guess she got your DNA from the lip of a beer bottle or something.

SpaceAce