Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Why the Sklansky hate in NVG? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555745)

UATrewqaz 11-27-2007 05:43 PM

Why the Sklansky hate in NVG?

Sklansky has been posting in NVG recently but virtually every thread he starts there are at least 4 pages of people telling him it's a stupid thread or making fun of it or telling him to stop posting, etc.

Sklansky's threads are no worse than any of the other typical NVG posts.

Also, assuming the thread really is bad (and some very well might be) do we really need 200 responses saying that and bumping it to the top?

Replying to a bad thread to say it's a bad thread when 20+ people have already done the same is rather pointless.

I'm not sucking up or anything, some of the threads do suck, but when I see a Sklansky thread with 10 pages of replies I'm like "Oh man this is gonna be good" and then I find out it's 10 pages of nothing. Can there be a limit to the whole "This is a bad post" posts?

Suigin406 11-27-2007 05:45 PM

Re: Why the Sklansky hate in NVG?

whatever, a lot of that stuff on the main page is actually stuff that was bumped, but yea, he's been active in the forum...it's just attention whoring, but whatever, it's DS we're talking about here...

telling people to ignore a red is not easy to do either, and a mod won't tell them to shut up either

grando 11-27-2007 05:45 PM

it's NVG - what do you expect?

I (and DS probably as well) find extreme humour in all the leveling that he does, and take solace in the fact that they're all clowns

Wires 11-27-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's NVG - what do you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Average post count of an NVG poster is 53 and average bankroll is $11.50 - average age is probably 15 or so. They don't know anything about anything and create 250 post threads speculating about Negreanu's sexuality and which obviously well to do pro is busto. I assume Sklansky knows this and is entertained by the chaos.

soah 11-27-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky's threads are no worse than any of the other typical NVG posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

BluffTHIS! 11-27-2007 07:07 PM

someone post a screenshot of NVG now with all of David's threads bumped near the top

Smell The Glove 11-27-2007 07:10 PM

you're not the boss of me

BluffTHIS! 11-27-2007 07:11 PM

you're not someone - you're noone

Jeff_B 11-27-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not someone - you're noone

[/ QUOTE ]
ouch