Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Send a message to Kevin Everett (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498300)

Jack of Arcades 09-11-2007 08:20 PM

Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to use a funeral analogy, it's more like somebody famous dies and the funeral is right in your back yard. You choose not to go and when someone asks if you are going you say "nah."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Homer 09-11-2007 08:21 PM

yeah, except no one asked.

rjoefish 09-11-2007 08:23 PM

Other way around. You show up to the funeral and announce to everyone 'Hey guys, I just want you all to know that I am here.'

Russ M. 09-11-2007 08:28 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA to all of you who said sending these letters was meaningless! They just said on ESPN that Everett will walk again! No doubt only due to letters we sent to get better. So take that!

selurah 09-11-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAHAHA to all of you who said sending these letters was meaningless! They just said on ESPN that Everett will walk again! No doubt only due to letters we sent to get better. So take that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw that they think he will walk again. He has voluntary movement in his arms and legs. Great news.

rjoefish 09-11-2007 08:34 PM

Was reading the report on ESPN.com. Says that his, potentially, great turn around is due to the Bills' doctor pumping ice cold saline into his body to put him into hypothermia to slow down swelling and pressure. I've always wondered how they come up with this stuff and how many mice had they're spines broken and pumped with crazy stuff before they figured this was working.

Needle77 09-11-2007 08:34 PM

Either way it doesn't look like he is gonna be able to play again. I know what it's like to lose football to an injury and the pain is unbearable. So I see no problem with sending him any type of get well message. Here's to good luck for Kevin.

offTopic 09-11-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was because of Clark's $$$ donations LDO.

ETA: $1500 buys a lotsa mouse spines

anatta 09-11-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was reading the report on ESPN.com. Says that his, potentially, great turn around is due to the Bills' doctor pumping ice cold saline into his body to put him into hypothermia to slow down swelling and pressure. I've always wondered how they come up with this stuff and how many mice had they're spines broken and pumped with crazy stuff before they figured this was working.

[/ QUOTE ]

Science builds on itself so really smart, dedicated people publish something and others take that and run with it. The Government gives them grants and private companies also pay for research. My dad does this work. He says the rats are bred for these purposes and they take steps that they feel no pain. PETA successfully pressured one private company to withdraw support. My dad wonders how many kids did these PETA people know with polio growing up and why do they think that is.

I think its good karma for the rat to give its life to help human suffering, maybe the rat will be reborn in the human realm and attain enlightenment. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Vyse 09-11-2007 08:57 PM

lmfao @ how hard people tried to come up with analogies and how bad every one of them was