Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   standard or retarded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529430)

lapoker17 10-23-2007 01:37 PM

standard or retarded

25 50 online 6 handed, games hasnt been running long. 100bb effective.

utg limper is bad but prob a small winner - he limps small pairs and connectors from my experience - I saw him limp 44, call a raise and flop a set during another session and he played it fast - he c/r the flop.

raiser is kind of an unknown but he plays like he knows what he's doing and is pretty aggro. neither should know me much at all.

so first dude limps, aggro dude makes it 225 next in, i call otb w 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - anyone 3 bet the obv iso?

flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot 745)

they both check, i bet 330.

limper dude calls, aggro guy makes it 1350, i shove (?)

i obviously sized my flop bet to set up something like this, but have no idea if it may be a spew. range for aggro dude anyone? just bet 500 and fold to a raise better here?

Stinger88 10-23-2007 01:41 PM

Re: standard or retarded

I'd say somewhere in between standard and retarded. It really depends who the aggro guy is.

jsnipes28 10-23-2007 01:47 PM

i cant imagine any paired hand that hes c/r that will fold to a shove so why not call flop/call turn or just bet/fold flop.

leon 10-23-2007 02:01 PM

Seems like spew... with the limper calling first and then aggro's raise, he almost has to have a hand that has you crushed. You already ruined his "obvious isolation raise" PF so it doesn't seem like he's going to get too fancy on you.

Leon

Chaoslord 10-23-2007 02:14 PM

i like.. u have probably 6 outs if called and from the way the hand was played i think theres a good chance he has nothing at all. also very good for image if this hand gets shown down

king_of_drafts 10-23-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant imagine any paired hand that hes c/r that will fold to a shove so why not call flop/call turn or just bet/fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

EC10 10-23-2007 04:10 PM

i like the "shove in yo face cuz i got the best hand son" mentality but i think calling and shoving over his turn bet is actually a better idea if u think u have the best hand, no?

raptor517 10-23-2007 04:43 PM

i dont like it. its spewy.

Ship Ship McGipp 10-23-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say somewhere in between standard and retarded. It really depends who the aggro guy is.

[/ QUOTE ]