Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ever heard this ruling? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499739)

parisron 09-12-2007 07:39 PM

ever heard this ruling?

I was playing at Hard Rock Tampa 1/2 nl. flop came and betting was complete. dealer burned the card before putting the turn card out and there was 2 boxed cards on top of the deck.(face up) so im thinking boxed cards are like a piece of paper you discard them they are not even there. The dealer calls supervisor and the ruling is misdeal everyone gets money back. WHAT? didnt think there could be a misdeal if significant action had taken place and preflop and post flop betting is pretty significant.

NextinLine 09-12-2007 07:47 PM

Re: ever heard this ruling?

Nope, misdeal can happen anytime. I've had a misdeal declared after the turn before because of a moronic dealer.

RR 09-12-2007 08:08 PM

Multiple boxed cards is generally a misdeal. Some places will allow 2 and not kill it until the third boxed card.

AngusThermopyle 09-12-2007 11:43 PM

Standard ruling (2 boxed cards == misdeal) where I play.

steamraise 09-13-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop came and betting was complete. dealer burned

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, misdeal can happen anytime. I've had a misdeal declared after the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Multiple boxed cards is generally a misdeal. Some places will allow 2 and not kill it until the third boxed card.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, if I hit the 3rd boxed card while I'm bringing the river it's a misdeal?
And I have to remember who put how much in the pot and who folded and when to return the money to everyone?

davidlong14 09-13-2007 11:44 AM

Yes

AngusThermopyle 09-13-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I have to remember who put how much in the pot and who folded and when to return the money to everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of like putting the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the River that matches the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you put out on the Turn. What do you want to do, split the pot between the survivors and forget those who folded on the Flop or Turn?

UbinTook 09-13-2007 03:50 PM

standard, two boxed cards kills everything.

Rottersod 09-13-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, you will have 9 players who will help you figure this out. Of course, you'll also have 9 different answers. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Al_Capone_Junior 09-13-2007 09:34 PM

I've never seen a misdeal called on account of two boxed cards discovered so late in the hand. I have seen one floor kinda breakin' a sweat over what to do in such a situation tho... They didn't declare a misdeal, treated as scaps of paper. I'm not sure if there's an "official" rule - but there might be. Either way it's so uncommon I wouldn't have a problem with a floor who went either way on the matter. Someone less lazy than me could perhaps see what robert's rules say, that's a good starting point for a reference.

Al