Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What the hell?!?!? Wendy's Breakfast Menu!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453326)

samjjones 07-17-2007 12:41 PM

What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

As some of you may know, I have been boycotting Wendy's ever since they raised the $0.99 menu to $1.19. Those bastards finally wore me down (they are pretty tough), and I visited my local Wendy's for lunch. When I got there, I made an incredible discovery.

WENDY'S WILL SOON HAVE A BREAKFAST MENU!

Here is the menu:

Breakfast Combos
#1 Breakfast Frescuit Sandwich - Freshly baked, moist and never crumbly, served with eggs, cheese, and your choice of bacon, sausage or ham.

#2 Steak & Egg Sandwich - Lean, tender steak, eggs, cheese, and hickory-smoked bacon stacked high on a kaiser roll.

#3 Big Breakfast Sandwich - Get both hickory-smoked bacon and sausage on a kaiser roll with eggs and cheese.

#4 Grande Burrito - A warm flour tortilla filled with eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, roasted potatoes, peppers and onions.

#5 French Toast Sticks - Warm French toast sticks served with syrup.

#6 Chicken Biscuit - Lightly breaded all-white meat chicken sandwiched between a freshly baked biscuit.

Side Items
Hash Browns
Blueberry Muffin
Cinnamon Roll

Drinks
Wendy's Custom Bean Coffee - By Folgers Gourmet Selections
Small Soft Drink
Orange Juice (for an additional charge)

Breakfast Value Menu - Introducing Wendy's Breakfast Values. Six fresh and delicious options starting at 99 cents each, including:
#1 Sausage & Egg Burrito
#2 Sausage Biscuit
#3 Egg & Cheese Sandwich
#4 Blueberry Muffin
#5 Hash Browns
#6 Cinnamon Roll

I need some time to digest this information.

RoundGuy 07-17-2007 12:47 PM

Re: What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

That #3 Big Breakfast Sandwich sounds like the bomb, baby. The BOMB!

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 12:49 PM

Since their disgusting fries will have nothing to do with it, I only have one reaction to this information.

http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/drooling_homer.JPG

Aloysius 07-17-2007 12:50 PM

Big Breakfast Sandwich ftw.

-Al

Don_Lapre 07-17-2007 12:50 PM

I was having a bad day until now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

samjjones 07-17-2007 12:53 PM

More important information:

- The "frescuit" looks like their frescatta bread (most likely the same)
- The chicken biscuit is likely the same chicken as used for the "Crispy Chicken" sandwich value menu item
- The "steak" on the Steak & Egg sandwich looks suspiciously like the roast beef on the roast beef frescata sandwich.
- The sausage patties are circular, not square shaped.

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 12:55 PM

I need to see just how big this Big Breakfast Sandwich is before I can declare it the clear winner. There are some other contenders here. I mean, "Freshly baked, moist and never crumbly"! That description is delectable. Grande Burrito sounds like it may be a bit much, but I'm curious. And we all know how well Wendy's does chicken.

Aloysius 07-17-2007 12:58 PM

Soul Daddy - the few times I ordered the frescatta sandwich, I found the bread to be stiff and unpalatable. I think you are falling victim to clever marketing.

-Al

samjjones 07-17-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to see just how big this Big Breakfast Sandwich is before I can declare it the clear winner. There are some other contenders here. I mean, "Freshly baked, moist and never crumbly"! That description is delectable. Grande Burrito sounds like it may be a bit much, but I'm curious. And we all know how well Wendy's does chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Big Breakfast sandwich looks like it is being served on the same bun as their Spicy Chicken sandwiches are...which is a pretty nice size.

kidcolin 07-17-2007 12:59 PM

I'm really not high on bacon + sausage combos. I've never gotten the appeal. it's OK if it's chopped up in an omelet, but I say nay to a sausage patty + bacon strips.

Their items sound pretty good, but all in all, I doubt it holds a candle to McD's breakfast. McGriddles should be the main argument for the existence of God. And does McD's still do the bagels? It's been a while. I used to love their steak and egg bagel. And no one is [censored] with their hash browns.