Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   JJ OOP, ACK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557029)

LOwrestling2001 11-29-2007 05:10 AM

JJ OOP, ACK

Villain is 16/12/7 over 200 hands, pretty TAGgy, he hasn't gotten out of line, and has shown down good hands (and hasn't played too many, either). As played, should I have folded this turn? His flop/turn aggro was like 6/oo. I thought him capable of double barreling given his aggro factor, but I think by the river i can fold easily w/o any concerns.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($340.60)
SB ($70.55)
Hero ($100)
UTG ($134)
MP ($98)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($20.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $18</font>, Hero calls $18.

River: ($56.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $44</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $56.50

Parsy 11-29-2007 05:18 AM

Re: JJ OOP, ACK

You've under repped your hand so i call in this spot

Irishman07 11-29-2007 05:18 AM

As played I think it's fine. He's not triple barreling that often with air so a fold is certainly ok. I'd probably rather 3bet preflop though as my standard play, but I will call every once in a while.

bigbabyjesus 11-29-2007 05:20 AM

I would call the river. His agg is high (though I don't trust it much over 200 hands,) and we've shown a lot of weakness with 3 checks. He could be value betting a good T, also.

LOwrestling2001 11-29-2007 05:21 AM

If villain was raising lighter, I wouldve definitely been more inclined to 3bet preflop. He's already pretty tight, I felt, without history, a 3bet would only narrow his range to mostly hands that beat me.

djshawk 11-29-2007 05:38 AM

I think I'd bet/fold the turn. I'd hate to see a AKQ on the river.

Slider 11-29-2007 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd bet/fold the turn. I'd hate to see a AKQ on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing that turns our hand into a bluff.. If he hits when he 2 barelled on the AKQ.. so be it. We're going to be somewhat unsure when he calls and if he raises, it sucks.

I'm calling river as well. Worse Tens are enough of his range that you can call.

djshawk 11-29-2007 05:48 AM

That sounds a bit contradictory. If worse tens are in his range then we aren't turning our hand into a bluff because we get value from them? Or is this wrong?

By just calling down we get value towned by sets, QQ+. By betting we get raised by sets, QQ+ and can fold. If he calls then I like a b/f river unless you think he can bluff raise worse.

Slider 11-29-2007 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That sounds a bit contradictory. If worse tens are in his range then we aren't turning our hand into a bluff because we get value from them? Or is this wrong?

By just calling down we get value towned by sets, QQ+. By betting we get raised by sets, QQ+ and can fold. If he calls then I like a b/f river unless you think he can bluff raise worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

By betting the turn, you might maximize your profit against his Ts yes - but poker is against a range of hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Why do you keep wanting to donk bet into him? Just let him keep betting and call down. I think by the river, he'll have worse tens enough to make the call.

thac 11-29-2007 06:08 AM

Against a dude with this high of an AF, c/c 3 streets seems fine, c/r turn seems okay but it kinda turns our hand into a bluff and if he shoves we're in a spot where we're against the top of his range and we like hardly ever get him to flatcall us.

I definitely don't fold here if I c/c twice.