Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QQ on AKx flop (shorthanded) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558774)

Fadook 12-01-2007 04:33 PM

QQ on AKx flop (shorthanded)

All these guys are very loose. UTG is 67/14, aggressive pre and post. BTN has been passive so far. SB is 55/3, mostly passive post but likes to make weird river donks with a weak hand he made on the flop.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero ?

Gross flop, but I have redraws. Check or bet? If raised, are you showing down?

fretelöo 12-01-2007 05:05 PM

Re: QQ on AKx flop (shorthanded)

How high is the chance none of those 3 other has at least a K? If you knew for a fact that at least one K or A was out there - would you call to hit your draws?

Also, converter effed up because there are 8SB in the pot on the flop...

Fantam 12-01-2007 05:10 PM

That is a gross flop !

I would not make a flop c-bet, because I dont think that your opponents are likely to fold and your hand is weak.

I would check and see what the remaining 2 players behind you did. Even though UTG is agressive, you have the A and K as overcards to your QQ and you are drawing thin to a straight (which could be a split).

By the way, the pot is 8sb on the flop, and if the action was heavy behind me, I would be looking to fold.

On the plus side, you did have a runner runner draw to a Royal if you were feeling lucky. lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

tyler_cracker 12-01-2007 05:12 PM

check-and-see.

Fadook 12-01-2007 05:13 PM

Converter screwed up, so redoing this...

All these guys are very loose. UTG is 67/14, aggressive pre and post. BTN has been passive so far. SB is 55/3, mostly passive post but likes to make weird river donks with a weak hand he made on the flop.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero ?

Gross flop, but I have redraws. Check or bet? If raised, are you showing down?

Fadook 12-01-2007 05:20 PM

I guess everyone's going to say check, so I'm glad I'm not a total pussy. Action went...

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
4 players
Converter

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4BB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero ?

To my surprise everyone checked the flop, but I'm still not sure that means I'm ahead of BTN who is scared to bet a K. I think SB would have bet the turn if he had a hand. If I bet I'm going to be forced to call a raise, so I'm still not sure.

Fantam 12-01-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To my surprise everyone checked the flop, but I'm still not sure that means I'm ahead of BTN who is scared to bet a K. I think SB would have bet the turn if he had a hand. If I bet I'm going to be forced to call a raise, so I'm still not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you would not want to be forced to call a raise on the turn, as you picked up the 2nd nut flush draw, and you still have 2 players to act after you which includes the agressive UTG.

I would check/call the turn as I doubt that you would fold a better hand with a turn bet.

tyler_cracker 12-01-2007 05:50 PM

yup, check again.

LukeSLTS 12-01-2007 08:06 PM

There is a good chance you are still behind and drawing. Check again.

knockonwood 12-01-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check-and-see.

[/ QUOTE ]