Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Squeeze hand vs. donk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556061)

Al_Money 11-28-2007 12:16 AM

Squeeze hand vs. donk

CO is TAG, SB is a donk, 48/17/1. He bought in for $100 and ran it up, only hand I noticed from him was his top two vs. tpgk that he slowplayed on the flop and got it in on the turn.

We haven't been too involved w/ each other yet and this is the first time I've squeezed at this table.

I've got some thoughts on this but I'll wait to post my side. Comments on all streets appreciated.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $206.50
UTG+1: $200
CO: $200
Button: $97.90
SB: $361.45
Hero: $258.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $7</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($67, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($67, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $20</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($107, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $60</font>

Paul Thomson 11-28-2007 12:36 AM

Re: Squeeze hand vs. donk

i'd just try and get 3-streets of value out of a worse hand fold to too much aggression. he seems passive enough.

jk3a 11-28-2007 12:38 AM

this is fine, i would prob. just bet flop and shove turn though

wiseman1016 11-28-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd just try and get 3-streets of value out of a worse hand fold to too much aggression. he seems passive enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

As played I like raising more on the river, bc the minraise screams that it wants to be called, so i think that by raising ~3xish it may seem like more of a bluff to him

BDaws 11-28-2007 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As played I like raising more on the river, bc the minraise screams that it wants to be called, so i think that by raising ~3xish it may seem like more of a bluff to him

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably true in theory, but it's just so god damn easy to call that minraise.

I think this is played fine. Perfect flop to cbet if you are bluffing because so many worse hands fold, so I don't mind a check here because you can get value on later streets by checking flop.

And only J's or T's are that bad for free cards.

shpanko 11-28-2007 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is fine, i would prob. just bet flop and shove turn though

[/ QUOTE ]