Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I 3 barreled today (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521300)

goofyballer 10-12-2007 03:53 AM

I 3 barreled today

I do this pretty much never, so I want to check in with you guys every time I do.

Villain is 16/7. We played one big hand together earlier; he opened to 12 in SB, I made it 36 with AA, he called. Flop 952r, he check-minraises from 52 to 104 I call, turn 6, he bets 200 and folds to a shove for $140 more after timing down for awhile. Still don't really know if it was the world's dumbest bluff or if he actually stopped and realized QQ- is just a 2 out draw at that point.

I figured I'm folding out a lot of big heart + pair combos. My options on the turn are either fire 2 more barrels or check behind and give up, so I opted to go for the glory here.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $447
UTG: $523.90
MP: $650.10
Hero (CO): $1,241.80
BTN: $400.90
SB: $187.35

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, MP calls $4, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $14

Flop: ($42) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $32</font>, MP calls $32

Turn: ($106) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $72</font>, MP calls $72

River: ($250) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $188</font>

therealpk 10-12-2007 03:55 AM

Re: I 3 barreled today

check behind and give up... but i'm stuck at .5/1, so what do i know?

ronitonline 10-12-2007 03:57 AM

i think this is one of the better times to 3 barrell. looks like you flopped a small flush

Keyser. 10-12-2007 03:58 AM

I don't really see why an offsuit deuce then an offsuit seven made you want to triple barrel, but I dunno.

goofyballer 10-12-2007 03:59 AM

Because they weren't hearts obv.

cs3 10-12-2007 03:59 AM

i think villain has exactly KhQx or AhQx and i would be pretty surprised if he folds again (esp on this particular river) after the last hand where he folded vs your AA. guys really dont like folding in big pots over and over.

i think i like a bigger river bet though if i do decide to fire a 3rd shot. maybe 235ish

ronitonline 10-12-2007 04:07 AM

cs3, I put villian on simialr hands, but I think hes capable of folding here being such a tight player.

cs3 10-12-2007 04:11 AM

Nit preflop =/= Nit posflop

Nielsio 10-12-2007 04:14 AM

Preflop is hot, flop is hot, shut down.

cs3 10-12-2007 10:34 PM

goofy-
curious to see if this worked?

aislephive 10-12-2007 11:22 PM

I don't generally like this vs nits because they will show up with sets and flushes a lot. Vs a typical tag I like it because they pretty much never have a big hand and they see your 12/9 stats and fold their AQ or whatever.

FishSticks 10-12-2007 11:38 PM

The main thing that jumped out at me is that I think you would just check behind on the river a whole lot with marginal made hands with this kind of board. It's so common to bet twice to price out hearts, then just check behind with made hands since a whiffed draw can't call anyways, etc. Given the history you provided regarding running him out of a pot or two, he's probably ripe to look you up soon - and given the logic above I think he'll just put you on a naked Ah here alot and call with like 88 (I'm also assuming PPs are a big part of his range here, given preflop and what not).

With all that said, the way you got to the river it's pretty hard not to bet, and you obv have no showdown value - so tbh I'd prolly fire myself here and cross my fingers. I do like your bet sizing on the river (as opposed to potting it), since it looks more like a value bet.

Don't love the play, but you don't have a whole lot of great options on the river given you bet the flop and turn. Meh.

terp 10-12-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is LOLstandard

[/ QUOTE ]

jk3a 10-12-2007 11:57 PM

I would really like it without your history.

Keyser. 10-13-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because they weren't hearts obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

so bet more than 70% of the pot on the turn dawg. Also I've recently re-discovered the overbet river bluff, and it's hot. Like at one point the overbet meant "omg he's FOS such a bluff," now it's "omg he's trying to rep a bluff by betting a lot even though he has the nuts." Like his range is pretty clearly not better than TPTK and he's folding that to a $300 river bet basically every time, or at least at enough of a greater frequency than a &lt; pot bet to make it +EV. i'm a lil ro-drunko but I think it's right here. Unless he's being a true nit and c/c c/c with a low set then an overbet bluff works so often

blah-blah-blah 10-13-2007 01:17 PM

i usually give up on the turn but since u bet i like betting the river too.

rapidacid 10-13-2007 01:26 PM

Along the lines of what CTS talks about, I'd make the river like $195 ... but this looks good ... however I think someone with the Ah + something that hit will look you up

members_only 10-13-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My options on the turn are either fire 2 more barrels or check behind and give up

[/ QUOTE ]

How come one more barrel isn't an option?

Readzie 10-13-2007 01:36 PM

id be suprised if someone folded QK or AQ to you, all this river bet would push out if a totally whiffed draw. mid pp's with heart would of folded turn.

you show up here with either a great hand, or dick all. for that reason iam calling you alot here. Player dependant this could be okay.

run the math, see if you think he folds enough % of the time on river to make it a winning play, if its a barely winning play factor in some metagame and if bluffing here will lead to him calling KQ here and you will value bet here with AQ and KK from this point on.. then ya its a good play.

k iam rambling. i dont really like it but if your gonna do it on the board, you need to start value betting real thin from this point on if he does look you up.

blah-blah-blah 10-13-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My options on the turn are either fire 2 more barrels or check behind and give up

[/ QUOTE ]

How come one more barrel isn't an option?

[/ QUOTE ]

because if the river bricks its too likely that we might check down and let him take the pot with Ahx

yad 10-13-2007 02:12 PM

I really don't like this...there are so many missed draws you could have, while a guy like this generally has at least a pretty good made hand here. If you think he's folding KhQx, I'd think again.

ronitonline 10-13-2007 03:19 PM

it looks like we were trying to charge draws, not draw ourselves IMO, KhQx could call, but i think its folding just as much, and given villian can have worse then that a lot also makes this +EV with this action and this board IMO.