Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Liking something but never watching/using/doing it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489807)

JaredL 08-30-2007 10:39 AM

Liking something but never watching/using/doing it

I think a lot of people have this type of thing, but for me it's more extreme. There are a lot of things that I enjoy that I rarely do for whatever reason, even though it's easily possible.

For example, when I was in junior high and high school I really liked the X-files every time I watched it. I probably watched 5 or 6 episodes and thought all of them were excellent. There is no particular reason why I didn't watch more since I really liked those episodes I watched but somehow I didn't ever get around to watching it.

Currently The Office is like that for me. I have seen about 4 or 5 episodes and was cracking up most of the time. I'm sure I even missed out on some running jokes or things that are more funny if you follow it but I still like the show. I have a DVR so there isn't any particular reason for me to not watch this show when I watch other stuff.

There are a few restaurants near my department that I go to quite infrequently and think every time "I should come here more often, this is great." They aren't any more expensive than the other places I go to more often and they are basically just as close.

Anybody else do this or have any insight as to why people do this?

Fast Food Knight 08-30-2007 10:41 AM

Re: Liking something but never watching/using/doing it

Laziness?

JaredL 08-30-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Laziness?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that's part of it but there seems to be more to it. Take the restaurant example. Say for lunch I go to Subway a lot. There are other options the same distance away that I prefer every time I go to them, but yet when I'm thinking about where to eat I'll usually think Subway first unless something reminds me about one of the other places.

Fast Food Knight 08-30-2007 10:48 AM

Habit? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

danzasmack 08-30-2007 10:52 AM

I was like this with every tv show. Until they came out with DVR and shows on DVD. And HBO on demand. And iTunes where I can now buy the shows.

Kimbell175113 08-30-2007 10:57 AM

Fear?

adsman 08-30-2007 10:59 AM

Having the attention span of a gnat?

HerbieGRD 08-30-2007 11:03 AM

Apathy

rwesty 08-30-2007 11:17 AM

Self-pity?

vozzie 08-30-2007 11:22 AM

I like Jessica Alba but for some bizar reason I never did her.