Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   SNG Article written by Jennifear (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500994)

TheLoveDoctor 09-14-2007 12:40 PM

SNG Article written by Jennifear

Has anyone else had a chance to read this article written by Jennifear on P5's? Thoughts or comments on her strategy?

http://www.pocketfives.com/2CD0B5C7-...7E0E8071C.aspx

DeuceSeven 09-14-2007 01:18 PM

Re: SNG Article written by Jennifear

So far I read the part where she wants to get involved in more pots early, looks flawed already. I probably won't get a chance to critique it by the time others get the chance. She also talks about getting involved with the bad players, if it's early how do you know who the bad players are? Most that play tight early will naturally adjust calling ranges when these players play in a pot.

DeuceSeven 09-14-2007 01:22 PM

There's more that is flawed in the article. Such as because people think a sng player is good that they are tight. Maybe this is correct the few times you play them, but after that the cat is out of the bag.

Also, I don't think her strategy is good for multitablers, and isn't the best way to make the most $/hr. I'd rather play 10 tables at 8% then 2 tables at 25%.

AMT 09-14-2007 01:24 PM

meh, though i dont like the light she puts it in, this isnt new IMO, these styles are just used by good players at mid-high stakes in altering frequencies depending on the games and level.

a lot of this is stating the obvious

Slim Pickens 09-14-2007 01:29 PM

She overestimates the value of the information she collects and its impact on the EV of future hands. She does stuff like that a lot, actually. Most of her "holes" and counter-argument is based on this over-valuation. Her points are mostly valid in theory though. I seriously doubt much controversy could be created over it though.

blackize 09-14-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't think her strategy is good for multitablers, and isn't the best way to make the most $/hr. I'd rather play 10 tables at 8% then 2 tables at 25%.

[/ QUOTE ]

She does acknowledge this at the end.

[ QUOTE ]
Such as because people think a sng player is good that they are tight. Maybe this is correct the few times you play them, but after that the cat is out of the bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. If you play any significant volume the decent players will know who you are and see that you're playing too many hands early and adjust. Jennifear never sees this though because she coaches instead of playing.

cakewalk 09-14-2007 02:14 PM

you guys make it sound like she's good

sence25 09-14-2007 02:20 PM

don't be too nice just because the nick sounds female

The Venetian 09-14-2007 03:32 PM

I think what bugs me the most about her articles is her constant need to show that she's pulling one over on multitablers. I also think she likely exaggerates the effect of an early double-up on equity. Projecting an early double-up into a commanding bubble situation is a stretch.

A while back I wasted an afternoon trying to quantify for myself what she's trying to do here, i.e., the value of an early double-up, and didn't see any real correlation between stack size and equity gain until you're at level 3 or 4.

The vast majority of early double-ups, for me at least, come from sets and big overpairs in raised-preflop pots. You don't have to be a LAG to take advantage of this.

She probably gets criticized too much, but she's kind of put herself out there by claiming to be the best in her games, despite never putting any significant volume over any length of time. I'd like to see her at least acknowledge that she's clearly no more than a recreational player that's had some moderate success. I can't imagine her coaching income matches what she could make from playing if she was as good as she believes.

checkmate36 09-14-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on P5's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopped reading at this point.