Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bodog crashing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547171)

superpokermon 11-15-2007 08:53 PM

Bodog crashing

So bodog has started crashing consistently when I open up a table. Usually shortly after I open a table. I start dogwatch first, then PAHud, then bodog, then I open a table and then it crashes and I get this error message:

< Buffer overrun detected!
<
< Program: C:\Program Files\Bodog Poker\BPGame.exe
<
< A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
< internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
< now be terminated.

I have not downloaded the new version of bodog as I've only heard bad things about it. I've been playing on bodog for a long time now and never had this problem before. I restarted my computer after bodog crashed twice, and tried it again and it crashed almost immediately after I opened the first table. Any thoughts appreciated.

StellarWind 11-15-2007 10:32 PM

Re: Bodog crashing

Problem started Wednesday afternoon for me. It's essentially the same as you describe except I can often play for a while before it happens. It's not related to opening a new table. I have Windows XP Pro.

Note that the title of the popup window is "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library".

We just passed the second Tuesday of the month which is Microsoft patch distribution day. My wife was very suspicious of KB943460 which I had installed. I agree that the description looks really suspicious but uninstalling it didn't help.

superpokermon 11-15-2007 11:24 PM

Thanks for the reply. That's interesting.

Come to think of it, the first time I got this error/crash might well have been Tuesday. I definitely had it happen yesterday, but I was able to play for a while then. Today it was consistently crashing pretty quickly after starting bodog.

I just played about 100 hands without using dogwatch and it was fine. Anyway, not being able to keep track of/import hands is really annoying. I am running XP home edition if it makes any difference.

superpokermon 11-16-2007 05:06 AM

I uninstalled KB943460 and re-installed dogwatch. It seems to be working now.

mojo3120 11-17-2007 06:04 PM

Having the same exact problem.

Surf 11-17-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surf 11-17-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, this needs to NOT happen when I flop a set, smoothcall a LAG's flop c/r, and am about to put him allin on the turn.

Surf

mojo3120 11-17-2007 06:21 PM

Are you guys running holdem manager while playing? I tried playing without it running and it hasn't done it since (only a few hours so far though)

Stosh 11-17-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People_Mover 11-17-2007 06:42 PM

is there a way to reinstall the OLD software? I DLed the new software today and I hate it (plus run bad lol), how to I get rid of the new software and get the old software back?

Also crashed 4-5 times today for me...