Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hand 2: NYC Live 200/400 vs TheTakeover (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537127)

rock1 11-02-2007 06:04 PM

Hand 2: NYC Live 200/400 vs TheTakeover

villian 1 in this hand is Nick Shulman, still playing very solid...villian 2 is Artie who plays very aggressive, and is very tough to play against out of positions...Artie is stuck big in the game and definitely chasing to get back to even...the hand is 25-50-100-200-400...i start hand with 45k and both villains cover...their read on me is probably on the tighter side preflop with lots of very aggressive play postflop...

folded to Nick in the small blind who makes it 1800...i call from the second straddle with AdJd...Artie calls from the last straddle...

(~6000) flop: Qs Js 6h...action gets checked around...

(~6000) turn Jc...checked to me and i quickly bet 3k...Artie min raises to 6k...and Nick check raises to 16k...action is on you, whats the plan here? After much deliberation i decide to call...Artie folds...

(38k) river 4s...Nick thinks for a long time and bets 37k...who calls and who folds in this spot?

this hand may actually not be as interesting, but i'd like to see comments

luegofuego 11-02-2007 06:10 PM

Re: Hand 2: NYC Live 200/400 vs TheTakeover

i would fold turn and then fold river. if this isnt an easy decision, i would be so terrified of nick schulman that i would leave the table right away.

Xaston 11-02-2007 06:11 PM

I like to re-raise pre flop here often.

I don't really see Nick (note I have NEVER played with him) checking this flop with much of anything that has you beat here, so I'd call.

recallme 11-02-2007 06:11 PM

I think i fold turn. He c/r a minraise OOP, i think you split at best.

Jman28 11-02-2007 06:13 PM

With a line this weird, I think it's too read based for most people to comment. I haven't played enough with Nick to know what to do.

Is his river bet a shove? Aren't you out of chips?

From the little I know, I would play it the same and call river. I wouldn't be surprised if you have the same hand here.

KRANTZ 11-02-2007 06:33 PM

nick has to be full here

Lefort 11-02-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would fold turn and then fold river. if this isnt an easy decision, i would be so terrified of nick schulman that i would leave the table right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

dlpnyc21 11-02-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villian 1 in this hand is Nick Shulman, still playing very solid...villian 2 is Artie who plays very aggressive, and is very tough to play against out of positions...Artie is stuck big in the game and definitely chasing to get back to even...the hand is 25-50-100-200-400...i start hand with 45k and both villains cover...their read on me is probably on the tighter side preflop with lots of very aggressive play postflop...

folded to Nick in the small blind who makes it 1800...i call from the second straddle with AdJd...Artie calls from the last straddle...

(~6000) flop: Qs Js 6h...action gets checked around...

(~6000) turn Jc...checked to me and i quickly bet 3k...Artie min raises to 6k...and Nick check raises to 16k...action is on you, whats the plan here? After much deliberation i decide to call...Artie folds...

(38k) river 4s...Nick thinks for a long time and bets 37k...who calls and who folds in this spot?

this hand may actually not be as interesting, but i'd like to see comments

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have 45k or 55k? the numbers don't work out unless it's 55k. anyways, nick has two of the most bluff happy aggro players in all of nyc behind him (i say this with love [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), and he knows this. therefore, while NORMALLY i wouldn't expect nick to cr (after checking TWICE) here with a hand that beats yours (and it's impt. he raised oop), I think if there is ever a spot for him to do so, it's with you and artie behind him. (by the way, sandwiched between artie and nick is NOT a fun time).

anyways, the hard part of the hand is artie's turn min raise here, it opens nick up for a squeeze, so his hand range might contain some bluffs in it. however, him having spades here would be so friggin awkward, that I think he is either full or airing it out.

i would put a read on him, stare at him directly for a long time, and either call or fold depending on physical read.

i think logic dictates this is full or bluff, i don't expect to see spades here.

dlpnyc21

raptor517 11-02-2007 07:56 PM

umm, if i called turn id call river. i think i generally fold turn, but once seeing the river i DEFINITELY call. AJ = QT though imo, but id call with both if i called turn.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-02-2007 08:00 PM

why would he ever check sopemthing that makes a full house on the flo [pand the turn, i don't get it

i'd call