Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   i'm a huge calling station (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558589)

rzk 12-01-2007 10:22 AM

i\'m a huge calling station

i have some 40 hands on the villains but they are meaningless because the game was 3 and 4 handed for while. so for example 60/30 doesn't necessarily mean the villain is a maniac. from the stats and observing the players i could gather that the button is a lag or a tag and the bb is passive and possibly loose. i felt kind of silly just calling throughout the hand, any suggestions?

5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.67SB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.33BB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.33BB, 3 players)

Results:
Final pot: 12.33BB

Saikkonen 12-01-2007 11:11 AM

Re: i\'m a huge calling station

I'll cap the preflop(edit) - especially because I want to punish BB for limping along with probably trash.

Then i'll bet the flop because there could be a ton of draws outthere. Button could have AK or KQ or even AA or KK, but he knows that we don't have AK(we would cap that right) so he may fire at us with his draws. If he does we could call and fire a blank turn.

RudeboyOi 12-01-2007 11:15 AM

vs a relatively unknown
i like how you played it
just be sure to take note of
what button fired the river with

Realyn 12-01-2007 11:24 AM

Saikkonen u talked about preflop right?

And yes, Cap that Preflop. Even IF button is tight(not AA,KK only, but more tight than laggy) u can still Cap very light because of BB.

sharpie 12-01-2007 12:05 PM

Hey I'm rusty and haven't played in a bit, but I probably would've just check/raised the flop, if not I'd rather put a donk in on the turn or river to avoid handing out free cards.

TheHip41 12-01-2007 12:06 PM

i think you should raise/fold the river

frenchpignouf 12-01-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a big mistake imo. I can't see JJ vbetting the river with 2 callers and calling a raise 3 way and a hand like QJ is unlikely. Btn has very often a king, AA or a set.

We can c/r the flop imo. With the backdoors, we have a small edge against BTN and BB is very often behind. Moreover if btn 3 bet the flop we can make a good laydown on the river.

Nice to see you again Sharpie.

Edit: If Btn 3 bet the flop, I fold the turn UI. The pot is protected, we have too often 0 or 2 outs.

TheHip41 12-01-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a big mistake imo. I can't see JJ vbetting the river with 2 callers and calling a raise 3 way and a hand like QJ is unlikely. Btn has very often a king, AA or a set.

We can c/r the flop imo. With the backdoors, we have a small edge against BTN and BB is very often behind. Moreover if btn 3 bet the flop we can make a good laydown on the river.

Nice to see you again Sharpie.

[/ QUOTE ]

inside joke [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jr4284 12-01-2007 12:47 PM

b/f river maybe? I like that line. He's not raising you with &lt; trips, and he probably isn't vbetting JJ, but might call. Also a small, non-zero chance he folds AA.

frenchpignouf 12-01-2007 12:49 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], I'm too naive. It was strange from the expert of c/c and c/f. As played it is tough to fold the river, you would have fold the turn ?