Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Pokerstars has best support? Not this time... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550233)

Dan Druff 11-19-2007 10:57 PM

Pokerstars has best support? Not this time...

Those who have played (or observed) games like 50-100 or 100-200 on Pokerstars are probably familiar with one of the software's few longstanding bugs.

Broke railtards have the ability to temporarily occupy open seats. They can simply click on those seats, and a "buyin" popup will appear on their screen. In the meantime, it will allow that user to occupy the seat -- even if they have no money in their account. After about 30 seconds, if the player does not (or cannot) buy in, it will release the seat, but the player can simply repeat the process immediately and basically hog up an open seat for as long as they want. This is incredibly annoying if you want to join the game, or if you're interested in switching to that seat. There's also no way to get on the waiting list as this is occurring, so players can basically be shut out of entering a game by annoying railtards doing this.

Last night, one of those obnoxious railtards, lady_k071, was doing this for at least 10 minutes straight. I warned the person to stop, but obviously they didn't care. I e-mailed support about this, and the following retarded exchange occurred:

================================================== =========

To: Stars support

Dear support,

A railbird named lady_k071 is intentionally blocking the final seat at 100/200 table Vela by sitting and not actually buying in. He/she has been doing this for about 10 minutes repeatedly, stopping anyone else from joining that 6th seat.

(Within the next hour, I saw HostPerrinoS basically doing the same thing that lady_k071 was. I assumed he was testing the ability to do this. He wrote the following afterwards:)

To: Dan Druff

Hello Todd,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I just arrived at the table and find out everything is back to normal again.

Sorry for the delay, but it's extremely busy at moment. However, I really appreciate your feedback, and wish you all the best on the table!

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Perrino
PokerStars Support Team

Perrino,

I saw what you at the table, and what you were doing was EXACTLY what the user I was reporting was doing, except he was doing it over and over, and for a much longer period of time, effectively blocking that seat.

Are you going to do something about the user in question? You can ask the others at the table at the time about it if need be.

================================================== ==========

(Now, about 12 hours later, I got back this incredibly stupid response from some clueless tard who skimmed the e-mail and tried to quickly guess at what was happening.)

To: Dan Druff
Hello Todd,

Thank you for your email.

I can see you and lady_k071 are no longer seated at the tables.

Please note, we do not have restrictions regarding players being forced to play or leave. However, if someone is regularly disrupting the game, we will send them a non-binding request asking them to be more considerate,
perhaps paying better attention to the game they are attempting to sit on to ensure they have enough to buy-in.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time you need anything.

Regards,

Pasquale
PokerStars Support Team

================================================== ==========

Please pay attention to my e-mail, as I was NOT complaining about a user sitting at the game and not playing.

I would also like this forwarded to a manager, as it exposes a flaw that has existed in the Pokerstars software for a long time that allows broke railbirds to disrupt high limit games.

lady_k071, to my knowledge, does not have enough money to buy in to 100/200. In fact, I assume this user has little or no money in their account. However, Pokerstars has a flaw that allows them to temporarily occupy a seat WITHOUT buying in. They can click on the seat, the buyin window will come up asking them how much they wish to buy in for (even if their account is broke), the seat will display their name (with no money), and they can just leave that window sitting up until the software forces them out of the seat about 30 seconds later. Some users with no money like repeatedly doing this, thereby "blocking" open seats from users who want to sit there.

This is exacly what lady_k071 was doing, and he/she was doing it for about 10 minutes straight, thereby preventing a 6th person from joining the game.

This was a clear case of disrupting the table, and NOT a matter of a player sitting out who just doesn't feel like sitting in yet. It was also clearly not a matter of someone accidentally trying to sit into a game where they didn't have the proper buyin. After all, lady_k071 was REPEATEDLY exploiting that software flaw, as I explained in my previous letters.

There is a simple fix for this. Pokerstars should NOT allow a player to occupy a seat -- even temporarily -- unless their account has the minimum buyin required for the table.

Once again, please forward this to a manager.

I expect players who are clearly disrupting the game (who also lack the funds to play there) to be warned and their accounts closed if they continue. If the "rights" of these broke railbird trolls are more important to Pokerstars than the rights of the players at your high limit games, then I will cash out my money from Pokerstars and take my business elsewhere.

Also, I would appreciate if, in the future, you read my complaints more carefully before responding with nonsense like what was just sent to me.

-Todd Witteles aka "Dan Druff"

Waterfall 11-19-2007 11:01 PM

Re: Pokerstars has best support? Not this time...

why don't you cry about it?

Shaqalicious 11-19-2007 11:01 PM

tl;dr

wywrot 11-19-2007 11:03 PM

pms

Enervate 11-19-2007 11:04 PM

Dan Druff you are a male bitch.

lapoker17 11-19-2007 11:04 PM

druff you are a one man wrecking crew.

Zaid_Ahmed 11-19-2007 11:04 PM

nice to know they thoroughly read my emails

HIV 11-19-2007 11:20 PM

OMG, this is my crowning glory....druff, if u take away my ability to Broke-Seat-Hop, i will forever curse u to the firey bowels of the underworld!!!!!

dkgojackets 11-19-2007 11:22 PM

why cant you just wait until the thirty seconds is up and ninja click the empty seat?

Hemsta83 11-19-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you cry about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seth Bullock 11-19-2007 11:27 PM

Confirms what has long been questioned.... Dan Druff is a d i c k

grando 11-19-2007 11:28 PM

see, just ignore anyone I haven't heard about who doesn't have 500 posts and every thread is 100x better!

DD, although I often get frustrated with sites, making threats like "I'm gonna take my $ out of here if you don't change" doesn't really help...

edited to show that I wasn't talking about Dan

ADZI24 11-19-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, this is my crowning glory....druff, if u take away my ability to Broke-Seat-Hop, i will forever curse u to the firey bowels of the underworld!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

rofflmaflol

Orthognathic 11-19-2007 11:34 PM

Until you play those limits you won't appreciate how disruptive this can be. Often times, these people are looking for some kind of donation or there's a pro and they want their screen shot of their name at the table. At least railtards at PS can't chat (aka beg for money) like they do at FTP.

I have been in the situation of playing HU at 1-2 and had to deal with a player hopping around the entire table from seat to seat. Needless to say it was pretty annoying. It shouldn't have bothered me, but it definitely distracted away from my game. I thought about emailing Stars but instead decided to chastise the seat hopper asking him if he wanted money. I kept asking him the question and told him I would give him some, but he had to respond to me (knowing full well he couldn't chat). Finally, I told him to check his account because I had shipped him something. He stopped the seat hopping when he saw the penny that I shipped him and I left the table soon thereafter.

HIV 11-19-2007 11:34 PM

btw druff, i hope ur ready for a [censored] of me doing this EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE U PLAY

THATS RIGHT BABY. iamhiv in this seat, iamhiv in that seat....which one is he gonna take....oh maybe a different seat..... U WONT KNOW WHAT HIT U

dirtylobster 11-19-2007 11:35 PM

Did you get an answer to the last mail?

ADZI24 11-19-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Until you play those limits you won't appreciate how disruptive this can be. Often times, these people are looking for some kind of donation or there's a pro and they want their screen shot of their name at the table. At least railtards at PS can't chat (aka beg for money) like they do at FTP.

I have been in the situation of playing HU at 1-2 and had to deal with a player hopping around the entire table from seat to seat. Needless to say it was pretty annoying. It shouldn't have bothered me, but it definitely distracted away from my game. I thought about emailing Stars but instead decided to chastise the seat hopper asking him if he wanted money. I kept asking him the question and told him I would give him some, but he had to respond to me (knowing full well he couldn't chat). Finally, I told him to check his account because I had shipped him something. He stopped the seat hopping when he saw the penny that I shipped him and I left the table soon thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. ur a whiny bit.ch like dan druff
2. i dont find set hoppers distracting
3. ur a cheap ass sending 1 penny

TheStig 11-19-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I would appreciate if, in the future, you read my complaints more carefully before responding with nonsense like what was just sent to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaah A+

PerDoom 11-19-2007 11:54 PM

ladyk has done the same thing at 10/20 nl on multiple occasions that I was there.

kemystery 11-20-2007 12:05 AM

at least they're replying to you, you'd still be waiting for
the first idotic reply from full tilt, as an aside if you
really want something done, I'd ask for someone higher up
that you've dealt with previously DD, or even a guy like
Negreanu who has shown a propensity for passing along the
views of high stakes player to Stars management i.e. shortstackers
but there's no strategy in NVG

Orthognathic 11-20-2007 12:21 AM

1. I didn't whine or email PS. I just posted that I found it distracting even though I'm solid winner at those levels. I just found myself laughing and almost guessing where the player was going to hop to next. He did it with some weird timing too lol. It was almost entertaining. I don't have a problem with the ppl waiting in line for a table with a pro. They're gone within a few seconds after their screenshot anyways. It is better than having fish at the table and having to really wait for 9 players to sit first.

2. It is good that you don't find them distracting. I wish I didn't. I need to learn to concentrate better.

3. Maybe I'm a cheap-ass cuz 100/200 limit is the highest I play. I don't ball at 100/200 NL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Dan Druff 11-20-2007 03:59 AM

In this particular case, this lady_k idiot was blocking the seat I wanted to move to. In most cases, I don't give a crap about this, though I still find it somewhat annoying.

The only reason I threatened to take my $ off the site was because of the asinine response I got from the first complaint. It was a complete slap in the face to players like me who have paid obscene amounts of rake to their company over the years.

Oh, and HIV, it wouldn't bother me if you were the one doing it. I would get enough pleasure out of seeing you unable to sit to where it would compensate for the fact that I couldn't switch to my seat of choice.

Dan Druff 11-20-2007 04:08 AM

Support finally got their heads out of their asses...

================================================== ========

Hello Todd,

Thank you for your email.

I am the Support Supervisor at the moment and your email was escalated to me as per your request.

I'm sorry that your emails have been misunderstood. I have now issued this player with a warning, and if it continues we will take further action.

I have also sent your email through to our Ideas department for considerations. Please be sure, that we do take your ideas seriously and appreciate the time you spent to send us your email.

If we decide to develop a new feature which does not allow a player to sit down at a table unless they have the minimum buyin, we will proceed to inform you immediately.

Feel free to contact us should you need our assistance, we are here to help.

Regards,

Tim
PokerStars Support Supervisor

ImsaKidd 11-20-2007 04:15 AM

Stars does need to fix this, regardless of how much you all hate Dan Druff.

Whenever a name pro sits at the table, the waitlist fills with 100 busto railbirds who take 30 secs each. This usually kills half the seats at the table and a lot of time the game dries up. Bad business for stars, but whatever.

Torello 11-20-2007 04:30 AM

Pokerstars runs Customer Service as if they actually want to invest the effort to make all of their customers happy.

yeotaJMU 11-20-2007 04:49 AM

the real beat is that OPs name is todd witteles

AHMWM 11-20-2007 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why cant you just wait until the thirty seconds is up and ninja click the empty seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL'd my ass off at ninja click

Jackal69 11-20-2007 09:01 AM

yea this is really annoying, especially the morons who like to click on a different seat at a more open table each time in artful patters and seemingly gain at least enough enjoyment to continue for several minutes. If you havent got the money in your account you should just be blocked from this like on Full Tilt.

GSykes 11-20-2007 09:20 AM

Maybe you should of posted this in Internet Gambling.

fingersmith 11-20-2007 09:28 AM

roflmao 'artful patterns'!!!!!!!!!!(*#@)#%)%@#(%*U_@#!*%*_J#%I)@J%

Mrage 11-20-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars does need to fix this, regardless of how much you all hate Dan Druff.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, especially since it's such a simple and logical fix.

Spechel EDD 11-20-2007 10:30 AM

this would be better if it gets patched to only let them do this only several times in an hour instead of nonstop. imagine busting a fish and having them get kicked off the table before they can load more money onto the site. bet you wont be happy about that.

retep 11-20-2007 10:51 AM

Wow I cant believe you threatened to take your money of the site because some micro-donk made you wait 10 minutes for a seat change.

Just out of curiosity how do you think the player in question should have been penalized?

durron597 11-20-2007 10:59 AM

You probably would have gotten a better response in your second email if you had written it more like

-----------------------------------
Hi Support,

I just saw HostPerrinoS
doing was EXACTLY what the user I was reporting was doing, except he was doing it over and over, and for a much longer period of time, effectively blocking that seat. Presumably this was to test what I pointed out during my earlier email to support on <date>.

Are you going to do something about the user in question, lady_k071? You can ask the others at the table at the time, which was <date + time>, about it if need be.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Druff

-------------------------------------

Your second email was not exactly conducive to helping the next-in-line Stars Support representative figure out what you were talking about because it wasn't the same Support member as the first time around. Then you got angry when they didn't understand what you were talking about.

Just sayin.

DontRaiseMeBro 11-20-2007 11:13 AM

To: Lee Jones

Hey Lee, how's Mardi Gras? We've got this guy complaining about bustos sitting in his 25nl game. What should we do?
__________________________________________________ ____________

To: Stars Support

Mardi Gras is sweet. Lots of hos imo. Don't do anything for this guy. He is a freak and kind of a weird dude. Plus he's very young.

nhWPjstUnLKy 11-20-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To: Lee Jones

Hey Lee, how's Mardi Gras? We've got this guy complaining about bustos sitting in his 25nl game. What should we do?
__________________________________________________ ____________

To: Stars Support

Mardi Gras is sweet. Lots of hos imo. Don't do anything for this guy. He is a freak and kind of a weird dude. Plus he's very young.

[/ QUOTE ]

lOL GOLD

the_main 11-20-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably would have gotten a better response in your second email if you had written it more like

-----------------------------------
Hi Support,

I just saw HostPerrinoS
doing was EXACTLY what the user I was reporting was doing, except he was doing it over and over, and for a much longer period of time, effectively blocking that seat. Presumably this was to test what I pointed out during my earlier email to support on <date>.

Are you going to do something about the user in question, lady_k071? You can ask the others at the table at the time, which was <date + time>, about it if need be.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Druff

-------------------------------------

Your second email was not exactly conducive to helping the next-in-line Stars Support representative figure out what you were talking about because it wasn't the same Support member as the first time around. Then you got angry when they didn't understand what you were talking about.

Just sayin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars CS system is actually set up in such a way that your replies get filtered to the top of inbox for the particular support member you are dealing with. If it's not attended to within an hour (member is on break or has gone home), it goes back into the queue.

Also just sayin.

ispiked 11-20-2007 12:08 PM

OP was tl;dr, but I read a post by a PS employee in a thread in the software forum recently that they were fixing this bug that allowed people who didn't have the min-buyin for a game to join the waitlist.

LuckyLloyd 11-20-2007 12:20 PM

Anything that can be done to make those without enough money to play a particular level completely invisible to games at that level on a poker site is a good thing imo.

Get some money; be happy just watching; or just [censored] off.

OMFGWTF 11-20-2007 12:30 PM

I only read the first two sentences of your email, and I think your deposit should have been approved.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]