Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   haha busto (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391046)

milesdyson 04-29-2007 06:43 AM

haha busto

well play 100/200 w/ like 50 bets and run at 30/34 shdowhon nubmers

u wil l go busto too

ahhhaha

so i guss i ugave to go back to wokr for awhile befoe i try to play pooler for a living. i cant believ eho bad i run at 510 which makes me want to play high rto win the money back. it is amazing, or anaybe i dont kno how to play at all ayay. i just dont underatsand opker . i am samreter than most eveyone but cant hit card s to save life.

ChexNFX 04-29-2007 07:45 AM

Re: haha busto

We've been leveled.

Guruman 04-29-2007 12:04 PM

i feel ya bro, except i move down when I tilt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yourface 04-29-2007 12:27 PM

step 1: run bad
step 2: tilt
step 3: move up
step 4: ???
step 5: BUSTO

I hope you're kidding miles, but if you're not please post graph in $

milesdyson 04-29-2007 12:42 PM

it is an instant $9k decline i dont know what else to dsay or show.

ILOVEPOKER929 04-29-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious, you actually lost your entire bankroll in basically one night??

maniacut 04-29-2007 12:50 PM

this is a leveling attempt i hope

MacGuyV 04-29-2007 12:50 PM

Play 200/400 obv.

yourface 04-29-2007 12:54 PM

step 6: max out credit cards
step 7: play 200/400 to chase losses
step 8: ???
step 9: ROBUSTO

milesdyson 04-29-2007 12:56 PM

McGahee i would play 200400 if i had moneyin online poker. now i have to go bac into th work forc. maybne i will deliver piszzas again.

i ran at 31/34 showdnwon numbers over 200 hands at 100/200. -15 bb/100 for a grand total of -6333 or someitnhg. and then i played some 501/00 and 3060 and ran bnad too. 88 lost to QT and AQ on A8T when turn and river came, 9 J. that isjust how i run at online poker, so i guess its kind of a blessing that i finally just lost itall anyway,

ILOVEPOKER929 04-29-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a leveling attempt i hope

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats a leveling attempt?

jstill 04-29-2007 01:20 PM

an attempt at leveling

i hope it is too Miles, between u and Guru this is a bit depressing for all us grinders.

I often wonder when/ if I will have to make a post like this when my spending and constant BR withdrawals catch up with me.

milesdyson 04-29-2007 01:22 PM

he's saying he hopes im joking basicaly. im not unfortunately haha.

i just cant win

milesdyson 04-29-2007 01:33 PM

hahahahahahahahahahhaahh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...untitled-3.png

TheWunderkind 04-29-2007 01:48 PM

so you play 9K hands break even and thats why you tilt? Jesus!

johnnyrocket 04-29-2007 01:52 PM

sucks miles, u'll be back

johnnyrocket 04-29-2007 01:52 PM

this forum wouldnt be the same without u

Oink 04-29-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Someone should stake Miles.

ILOVEPOKER929 04-29-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's saying he hopes im joking basicaly. im not unfortunately haha.

i just cant win

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am very suprised by all this becuz Ive read many of your posts and I know youre one of the best posters on this forum. So I know the reason you are losing is not becuz of your skill level/lack of knowledge. It has to be something else.

Some ideas that come to my mind that maybe lead to your struggles:

1) Bad table selection. In your T9s post and your AJ post you described two tables I would never play at. This leads me to believe that your table selection is not as good as it should be.

2) Bad site selection: If youre playing 5-10 or below you should not be playing at pokerstars. You should be playing at a site that gives you rakeback. My best friend (thehip41) is down around 300BB's over the last 2 months yet he has still made money due to rakeback and bonuses. I have had many similar bad runs and yet still made money for the same reasons. Rakeback is not just a wonderful financial buffer. It is also a great psycological aid when times are tough.

3) Ego. You may attach too much importance to winning or losing. If winning makes you feel great and losing makes you feel terrible then you may not be about to properly handle the inevitable long losing streaks. To some extent we all this problem but some people manage this human flaw better than others. If losing causes you to tilt or move up limits then it is clear to me that you can improve in this area. When Im losing heavily I usually stop playing for several days or even a week or so and I use that time to remind myself how great life is and then Im ready to play again. If I was mentally stronger I would just play through my losing streaks and make more money at the end of the year but I am not so thats how I adjust.

After saying all this, I hope you never self-destruct again. There is nothing more tragic to me in the poker world than a great player with no money. So I hope you recover and figure out why you let this happen to yourself and never do it again.

I know this is cliche but all that matters in this game is playing well. Winning or losing doesnt matter and BBs/100 dont matter. What Ive learned about limit holdem after playing the last few years is that survival is really all that matters and if you play well, table select well, and have 1000BB's backing you up, you will survive and you will eventually make money.

ILOVEPOKER929 04-29-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Someone should stake Miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Miles is not in the right mental state to be staked right now. I believe Miles would agree with me also.

inferno 04-29-2007 02:28 PM

Miles you'll get out of this, you are the best poster besides ILP. I made allot of money without even knowing halve about the game as you do.

nickg1532 04-29-2007 02:31 PM

jesus miles. judging by the typing i'd guess you are drunk. drunk + tilt + move up 10x stakes + run bad = busto

sucks if it's true.

p.s. this thread in SSSH makes everyone depressed. this exact same thread in BBV makes everyone happy.

Guy McSucker 04-29-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bad site selection: If youre playing 5-10 or below you should not be playing at pokerstars. You should be playing at a site that gives you rakeback. My best friend (thehip41) is down around 300BB's over the last 2 months yet he has still made money due to rakeback and bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.... except that according to my figures, Stars rake costs you 2.3BB/100 at $5/10 while for example Full Tilt costs 2.7BB/100. The Stars games are more numerous and softer, too, so I think Stars beats FTP even with 27% rakeback.

My numbers could be off though. Small sample etc etc.

Other sites may be better of course.

I totally agree with your psychological point, though: getting an actual cash payment mid month takes the edge off a losing streak.

Guy.

celiboy 04-29-2007 03:07 PM

Thank god

You are a perfect example of 90% of the "pros" out there. You spend hours discussing the best plays on particular hands and then ignore rule #1 - bankroll management and go bust in a matter of hours. LOL People wonder where the dead money comes from at the higher levels...I think this answers it

Good luck finding a job after burning your bridges

ILOVEPOKER929 04-29-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bad site selection: If youre playing 5-10 or below you should not be playing at pokerstars. You should be playing at a site that gives you rakeback. My best friend (thehip41) is down around 300BB's over the last 2 months yet he has still made money due to rakeback and bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.... except that according to my figures, Stars rake costs you 2.3BB/100 at $5/10 while for example Full Tilt costs 2.7BB/100. The Stars games are more numerous and softer, too, so I think Stars beats FTP even with 27% rakeback.

I totally agree with your psychological point, though: getting an actual cash payment mid month takes the edge off a losing streak.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not factor in the true rake costs as you did so my opinion may be flawed on this issue. Also, thanx for teaching me how to spell psychological. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TheHip41 04-29-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not factor in the true rake costs as you did so my opinion may be flawed on this issue. Also, thanx for teaching me how to spell psychological. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because of the extra rake, playing at Absolute and Full Tilt is a waste of time. Bonuses at AP are done, rakeback sucks, just stick with poker stars.

ILOVEPOKER929 04-29-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because of the extra rake, playing at Absolute and Full Tilt is a waste of time. Bonuses at AP are done, rakeback sucks, just stick with poker stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also forgot to mention that AP is rigged. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oink 04-29-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent seen a reload at AP in ages. The overall value from rb+bonii+vip is not as good as it has been, but I disagree that playing there is a waste of time. The games have gotten a lot better and the vip points are worth more.

BTW UB have been generous with reloads 3 weeks in a row. With their "points for money" promo its definetely the cheapest place to play these days. rb+bonii+vip is close to 2BB/100 at 5/10. Oh, and they have some sort of prop scheme going on with 100% RB

yourface 04-29-2007 03:46 PM

rofl thanks miles. at hand 9400 I bet you just wanted to win one more pot and get your money back. then it all went to [censored] of course.

ps wow a 9k breakeven stretch is enough to send you into monster tilt? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sethypooh21 04-29-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Also, from what people tell me, once you hit SN, it's the equiv of ~23% RB, or so they tell me...

jstill 04-29-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank god

You are a perfect example of 90% of the "pros" out there. You spend hours discussing the best plays on particular hands and then ignore rule #1 - bankroll management and go bust in a matter of hours. LOL People wonder where the dead money comes from at the higher levels...I think this answers it

[/ QUOTE ]

u are the biggest douche ever

seriously people like u are pathetic, hope u feel better about ur sad bitter life after making this post.

gehrig 04-29-2007 04:29 PM

hey milesdyson i'll stake u if u promise not to play high stakes

sethypooh21 04-29-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank god

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously people like u are pathetic, hope u feel better about ur sad bitter life after making this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, while there may be some truth in the underlying message of this post, this might be the biggest A-hole post I've read in this forum. Congrats, sir.

johnnyrocket 04-29-2007 04:33 PM

ooo, sounds tempting, i hope miles takes this, is very hard to get in the right mind set when u recently bust and cant focus

justin 04-29-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank god

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd that.
What I dont get is why 9K hands of breakeven play triggered this, I mean thats 3-4 days of play. What was also real dumb is playin 1-2 games w/o any previous notes. Not to pour salt on the wound but those games are really aggro, with most the lag tards cr nearly 35 % on all streets. W/O notes and strong reads defintely not a game to sit in short stacked. 80 k later i learned that. In all honesty though you are good enough to beat that game with a roll so you took a shot wutever. I think be traggic to give up you are far too good to do so. IF you gotta learn NL go for it. Maybe you should give wpex a try, just as frustrating but alot more thinking opponents, which you would play very well against. Im still just hopiong u MS painted that poker graph and ur full of (censored).

detruncate 04-29-2007 05:02 PM

Hello Mr. milesdyson. Impressive melt down, sir. Beats my best efforts at bankroll-obliterating self-destruction all to hell. Seems I forgot to move up first. Oh well. I always was a slow learner.

Here's hoping it's drunkern hijinks of one sort or another and not a serious financial hardship.

I'm sure you have no shortage of better options, but if I can ever be of help don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Keep that oft-impressively-whiskered chin up brother. There's always more money to be found, and if movies have taught me anything it's that everyone loves a good redemption story.

danzasmack 04-29-2007 05:05 PM

play nl

DavidC 04-29-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious, you actually lost your entire bankroll in basically one night??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... who plays 5/10 with a 900bb bankroll? That seems a little light to me, although if you run bad to get to the 900bb that makes it easier.

If this is serious, though, it's a shame, Steve. Your advice to me has always been pretty damn solid. It's a shame I'm a slow learner. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit: With the games as tough as they are, playing professionally sorta sucks right now. Going back to work probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Just try not to do exactly what you were doing before.

HOWMANY 04-29-2007 05:29 PM

=/

bassLine 04-29-2007 06:23 PM

kudos myles.
Sucks the cards spit you on the face.