Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Batman VS. Batman Begins (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408594)

Bicycles_Biatch 05-21-2007 04:41 PM

Batman VS. Batman Begins

A raging argument is disrupting my household. My roommate feels Micheal Keaton and the original Batman movie is far superior to Batman Begins.

Even though I loved the original Batman, thought Jack was a great Joker, liked looking at Kim Basinger's legs, and really liked seeing the dark night in an updated form... I think Christian Bale makes a better Batman / Bruce Wayne AND I think Batman Begins is the superior film.

Your thoughts?

Wynton 05-21-2007 04:43 PM

Re: Batman VS. Batman Begins

I think you should get a new roommate.

Red Lion 05-21-2007 04:45 PM

It is close I will admit, but Begins is better imo.

Wires 05-21-2007 04:49 PM

Your thoughts?

I think they are both excellent movies and are different enough from each other that there is no need to select a favorite.

I abstain.

Bicycles_Biatch 05-21-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your thoughts?

I think they are both excellent movies and are different enough from each other that there is no need to select a favorite.

I abstain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a vagina... or are you just a relative of Jimmy Carter's????

Vote dammit... the argument must be decided.

SackUp 05-21-2007 05:16 PM

Bale and Begins.

Jack was a better villain and Basinger a better leading lady. Though Liam Neeson was pretty good. Scarecrow was not bad.

Morgan Freeman was really good.

Bale just fit the part better than Keeton. Though I think keeton did a great job.

A better comparison will be when the next Batman has joke in it. Then it will get interesting. I don't see anyone topping or even competing with Jack.

Bicycles_Biatch 05-21-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A better comparison will be when the next Batman has joke in it. Then it will get interesting. I don't see anyone topping or even competing with Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, it will interesting to see if Heath can shed his BBM stereotype.

DrewDevil 05-21-2007 05:49 PM

I am always amazed to find that so many people liked the 89 Batman. I thought it was a major disappointment. Jack was way over the top, the story was stupid (Joker killed Wayne's parents, WTF), and there are several painful scenes that do nothing but lay there inert... like WTF is that scene in Vicki Vale's apartment with Bruce Wayne and the Joker (YOU WANNA GET NUTS? LET'S GET NUTS!)

Batman Begins is superior in every way.

danzasmack 05-21-2007 05:50 PM

Go back at watch that 1st batman. My memory had it being around 100x better than I thought it was.

This is coming from a guy who still cracks up at the Goonies.

disjunction 05-21-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go back at watch that 1st batman. My memory had it being around 100x better than I thought it was.

This is coming from a guy who still cracks up at the Goonies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really fair, since Batman hasn't aged well. At the time it was a really good movie and it had some quality to it which was novel. I guess there have been imitations, or whatever, because it seems a little more formulaic now, but a movie shouldn't be penalized because it is similar to movies that came AFTER it.