Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   serious post: My really good friends brother just commited suicide (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558511)

ImsaKidd 12-01-2007 09:49 AM

Re: serious post: My really good friends brother just commited suicide

[ QUOTE ]
Anything along the lines of "That's really [censored] up; is there anything I can do?" is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt saying "thats really [censored] up" going to make her feel a lot worse? Its pretty obv she knows it sucks, pointing it out seems counterproductive.

By-Tor 12-01-2007 10:56 AM

offer sympathy sex

genius55 12-01-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
offer sympathy sex

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah i am going to hell for laughing at this.

doucy 12-01-2007 11:35 AM

thinly veiled brag by OP to show that he does indeed have a friend who is female.

React1oN 12-01-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anything along the lines of "That's really [censored] up; is there anything I can do?" is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt saying "thats really [censored] up" going to make her feel a lot worse? Its pretty obv she knows it sucks, pointing it out seems counterproductive.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah...I don't like that play at all.

nutsflopper 12-01-2007 12:08 PM

I know someone who said nothing in this type of situation and regretted it and later apologized about withdrawing b/c he didn't know what to do/say. His friend said that's what everyone did and he just wished someone was there to talk to...

21SuicideKing21 12-01-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if there is anything you can do or say for her. Just... be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

poorolrich 12-01-2007 12:13 PM

There you go. Be there so she can talk to someone when she is ready!

EL Burro Loco 12-01-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The truth about the situation is that you know there were big problems in that person's life, of which a 95% chance that it had to do with their family, and thus the girl you are talking about has some issues (most likely unexplored issues), and now you are affraid to ask the questions that need to be asked. If you want to help someone, you *have* to open up the discussion about the core of the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true at all. Also, if you aren't a professional you have no business playing amateur psychology sleuth. Everyone else is right, be there for your friend.

React1oN 12-01-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The truth about the situation is that you know there were big problems in that person's life, of which a 95% chance that it had to do with their family, and thus the girl you are talking about has some issues (most likely unexplored issues), and now you are affraid to ask the questions that need to be asked. If you want to help someone, you *have* to open up the discussion about the core of the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true at all. Also, if you aren't a professional you have no business playing amateur psychology sleuth. Everyone else is right, be there for your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]/cosign