Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

xxThe_Lebowskixx 09-28-2006 01:02 AM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

guys like Pug really have it easy.

luek kreung suay mak mak <3 <3

nation 09-28-2006 01:05 AM

Thanks for the answer Degen. I actually do mean in 2008; PokerFink is moving to Vegas next year when he's done with school, and Alex will be coming after he graduates which is in 08; I can't wait though.

PokerFink 09-28-2006 01:08 AM

I've never had thai food, but I love chinese food and I'm ok with japanese food. How similar are they? Thai food is very spicy, right? Keep in mind I mean American "chinese" food.

You said there isn't really American food in Thailand, but what about chinese/japanese food in Thailand? If so, is it similar to what's here, or more like real ethnic chinese food? If that makes sense.

I'm also guessing that you eat a lot of seafood?

09-28-2006 01:08 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

daryn 09-28-2006 01:10 AM

yeah i'm very interested in doing intense muay thai. maybe coming to visit real quick nov-feb sometime.. then in 10 months or so maybe come for a while.

to be honest i'm more excited about the culture, food and possible muay thai than the women.

09-28-2006 01:14 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

multious 09-28-2006 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm very interested in doing intense muay thai. maybe coming to visit real quick nov-feb sometime.. then in 10 months or so maybe come for a while.

to be honest i'm more excited about the culture, food and possible muay thai than the women.

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously these are the best parts. Oh and the Natural Beauty.

southerndog 09-28-2006 01:16 AM

Nation, to be honest, being Indian may be something of a strike against you, although I'm not sure. It should easily be countered by speaking english, and having money.

Bruiser, u should be able to do all of those things that you listed. I've met many farang's who have studied muay thai while here.

As far as the cooking and massage goes, you may think about just hiring a private instructor. I'm sure you could hire those for $20 a day, but i'm not sure about communicating with them.

One thing I would recommend for you, is that you learn a little thai. Get the Book and CD from Benjawan Poonsam Becker "Thai For Beginners." You can put the CD on your Ipod and learn a little but each day.

southerndog 09-28-2006 01:24 AM

To be honest, I'm a little tired of the food. You're always eating chicken or pork, just prepared a little differently. I mean, Thai food is great, I'm just getting a little tired of it. Although this chef that I have working for me here in this neighborhood is amazing.

Degen's right, the seafood is great. Very fresh. If you like shrimp and calamari, this is the place. But I still miss my american fried clams and Maine lobster, something Degen prolly hasn't experienced much of.

Degen, where are the good places to study muay thai??? I'm wondering if BKK is better than Chiang Mai.

Daryn, the good part about meeting the women isn't just the fact that you can get laid any time u want.. Its meeting a woman from another culture who has a different view of what it means to be in a relationship. someone who is willing to give more of themselves to make you happy..

IlPug 09-28-2006 01:29 AM

really agree with southerndog on learning the language, they'll love you for it! but as KKF said, some things will be hard to pronounce if you didnt grow up with the language. they're usually ok with it if you try though.

KKF - damn straight i do! but funnily enough i find white & black women more attractive, possibly because i spent so many of the younger years of my life surrounded by asian women.. go figure

Degen - i forgive you, but just this once:P

-pug