Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I'm back in se-attle again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530093)

goofball 10-24-2007 06:44 AM

I\'m back in se-attle again

20/40 at Diamond Lil's, cast of retards.

3 limpers to me I raise on the button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], small blind and big blind and limpers all call.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to me I bet, only two limpers call.

The first caller is a relatively unknown asian guy, but he looks like he's tighter than most relatively unknown asian guy. Second guy is pretty tight straightforward so far. I doubt he does much second level thinking and he's not calling on the flop without a reason of some kind.

As usual I've gotten myself in a fine mess, where if I hit my hand I'm going to hate it.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
They both check to me. Certainly the first guy is capable of check-raising a flush, I doubt it with the second guy, especially since him going for the checkraise is substantially worse poker. Roughly, the first guy's check doesn't change the probability he has a flush. The second guy's check reduces flushes in his range by about 80%.

It's my action and I do what?

bakku 10-24-2007 06:52 AM

Re: I\'m back in se-attle again

if you get called by either guy you're most likely losing and you're definitely not getting a better flush to fold. checking lets you induce a river bluff (though not likely from your descriptions) or more likely a loose river call. i think it's pretty unlikely you're up against a hand that if behind has any outs against you so giving a free card is pretty safe.

vmacosta 10-24-2007 07:11 AM

check. Your flush beats the 5 so you can't get counterfeited, you have one out to a str8flush, and there is no way you're betting twice anyhow.

i don't really see what arguments there are for betting.

Garland 10-24-2007 09:04 AM

Am I the only one who likes limping pre-flop?

Garland

The Dude 10-24-2007 09:56 AM

I think you're going to get Asian guy to call with 1 and 2 pair hands on the turn, and maybe even with a straight, but if the river action goes check/bet/call back to him, he can fold.

I really don't see any benefit to checking the turn, planning on putting one bet in on the river, as opposed to betting the turn and checking the river.

I think if you are going to check the turn you need to fold the river for one bet from either opponent - which is certainly a viable option, but only if neither opponent will ever bet the river with a hand you beat.

And one more thing. Just limp before the flop, man. Trust me, I know raising is fun. But, you have pocket sixes, for crying out loud, and you have enough opponents you're going to have to see a showdown to win.

cgrohman 10-24-2007 10:08 AM

No. I don't see the point of this raise after 3 limpers.

cgrohman 10-24-2007 10:15 AM

If I check, I definitely fold the river for one bet. A bet on the turn has the advanatage of folding out slightly larger hearts.

private joker 10-24-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just limp before the flop, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

surfdoc 10-24-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just limp before the flop, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Getting the blinds to fold and playing this 3 or 4 ways is pretty much the worst possible scenario. Goofball=closet LAG.

jkamowitz 10-24-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I check, I definitely fold the river for one bet. A bet on the turn has the advanatage of folding out slightly larger hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most spots yes, but here I doubt the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is folding cause straight flushes are cool and only the T/J maaay fold.

I like a check. If one player bets and the other calls it makes the big streets easy. You can decide what to do on the river when the 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] rolls off and it's two bets to you.