Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   nit sandwich (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370109)

natzucowww 04-02-2007 08:59 AM

nit sandwich

.5/1 full tilt

villain 1, a solid reg., 18/12/5 (900 hands, $120 stack) opens, i ($275) call with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] otb, sb supa nit 13/6/10 (100 hands $110 stack) calls in sb bb folds.

$11 pot flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] sb checks <u>villain #1 (reg) bets $7</u>, <u>i raise to $24</u>, <u>sb supa nit insta-shoves for $107ish</u>, villain #1 folds, <u>i dump</u>.

thoughts? standard? call?

A couple notes on sb and me.

I've been raising a lot, probably like 33/25 (non-three betting table) and winning. She doesn't like that I'm raising so much and despite her tightish pf stats she's super aggro and loose with her betting. I've snapped off some bluffs with her and it seemed like she couldn't wait to shove her money in. maybe this is ridic. easy fold i dunno, what up ssnl.

FeNeF 04-02-2007 09:03 AM

Re: nit sandwich

I don't really understand the flop raise, especially if you're not willing to stack off. I'd just call.

FishSticks 04-02-2007 09:20 AM

This looks standardish. If you had the flush draw to go with the straight draw, you'd want to be playing for stacks - but when the super nit shoves you're in trouble.

ImsaKidd 04-02-2007 09:32 AM

Fold. You have a bare OESD vs nits range, might be drawing to 3 chop outs.

natzucowww 04-02-2007 09:43 AM

yeah the flop raise is kind of suspect but kind of nice too if villain has black queens or something.

i'd been raising a lot pf but been playing well post so i think he respected my play. sure i could be raising a draw here but i'd be raising sets and straights as well so it puts him in a tough spot. that was my thinking anyways, i do spew sometimes but i know i make people fold better hands as well. probably can't get away with it at higher levels but who knows.

MTSuper7 04-02-2007 09:53 AM

I don't think the flop raise is so bad... In a multiway pot, it's a nice way to get the pot heads up and give us position for the turn and river. Obviously you fold to the shove. He's probably protecting a set of sevens from all the draws on the board. At best you'd have eight outs... Super-nits don't tend to shove to a bet and raise without the goods. If the 10 on board was a heart, I'd be more compelled to call with likely fifteen outs.

syphlix 04-02-2007 10:20 AM

hrmm... i think i would have just called that flop....

as played though i'm dumping it too...

syphlix 04-02-2007 10:24 AM

btw if she really was nitty then a raise can be nice... esp w/ the other person in the pot..

but from your desc, she likes bluffing, she's agro, and she wants to get her money in... i'd rather call that flop and hope to hit on turn and if not then just get away... sucks to have to throw our draw away