Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   On the defensive versus a sLAG... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547572)

chesspain 11-16-2007 10:32 AM

On the defensive versus a sLAG...

Online 5-10...I have a history with this villain, who will play very aggressively against me after the flop when he thinks I am stealing his blind and he then catches any piece of the flop. However, in both of those prior hands, I only called down, even though for one of the hands I likely missed a big street raise with pocket queens on a paired, rainbow board. Consequently, he may think that I need a monster to play back at him.

Preflop: I openraise four of off the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. It's folded to him, and he calls in the BB.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 sb)
He checks, I bet, he checkraises me, I call...

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5 BB)
He bets, I...

BubbleMint 11-16-2007 10:43 AM

Re: On the defensive versus a sLAG...

Fold and wait for a better spot.

Although in the heat of battle I call, thinking (hoping) I have 10 clean outs. Probably why I spew vs sLAGS

leo doc 11-16-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Although in the heat of battle I call, thinking (hoping) I have 10 clean outs. Probably why I spew vs sLAGS

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with the fold; but I don't even dream that I have ten clean outs here.

OP, would villian think you're stealing 4 off the button?

chesspain 11-16-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

OP, would villian think you're stealing 4 off the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not "stealing," but I assume he thinks that my range is wider than if I was six or seven off the button.

JJH3984 11-16-2007 11:32 AM

i raise here, but i'm a spew monkey

edit: raising is much better than calling.

earlytimes1 11-16-2007 12:33 PM

if we raise & villain actually has AT/TT/88, we get 3-balled but now have to call for gutshot b/c pot size.

KitCloudkicker 11-16-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: raising is much better than calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would do this if i knew that BB would play WA/WB with an ace, thus diminishing the possibility that he has one with his flop CR. we can thus reduce his range to either a monster (AT, 88), a draw, or a T. Obviously there are more combinations of T's and draws than monsters, and if i thought I could get a pair of T's to fold, I would consider raising the turn. if he called the turn raise i would probably check all non-J rivers and fold if he donked.

Without this detailed a read i would probably fold and wait for a better spot, as stated.

goofball 11-17-2007 04:09 AM

Whatever. Fold. next hand.

If you call now though you should probably call the river. If he valuetowned you with T9 or something so be it.

AlienBoy 11-18-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 4 clean outs. Folding is okay here. sLAGs love to play naked aces. You're drawing way too think to call

AB

wizard 11-19-2007 04:24 PM

FOLD - your time will be better on some future hand. If you are going to continue you have to raise. Do not call a three bet though for the gutshot. Pot odds are only 9 to 1 but the implied odds make it close.