Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   FGators: The Final Chapter [1.4m hands EV graph] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522050)

Gildwulf 10-13-2007 01:16 PM

Re: FGators: The Final Chapter [1.4m hands EV graph]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how this works...I honestly am sucked out on a 250:1 ratio..in fact I can't remember the last time I coolered someone or got it in drawing to two outs and won yet it happens to me a large portion of the time so I don't know how this graph works. I've got a Word document with about $400k worth of total bad beats and I've probably only sucked out on people in about 5k worth of pots lifetime so thats how I do my pokerv graphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

COGNITIVE DISSONANCE FTW!!!!!

ChrisV 10-13-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you played correctly for so many hands, you would be half a millionaire now. Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exaggeration. My green line runs at about half my red/blue. So he could realistically have like 250K by now.

whoisthedrizzle 10-13-2007 01:19 PM

Wow, Fgators is one unlucky son of a bitch.

jds1201 10-13-2007 01:23 PM

gators, when you're a huge nit and only put your money in with very very strong hands, you're going to lose way more to suckouts than you're going to win.

And hands that are 80% favorites lose one out of five times.

jds1201 10-13-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless I'm misunderstanding terribly it seems that the fact the lines are dead straight means he hasn't changed his style in 1.6m hands.

Is that right?

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he? his luck has to change sometime.

linuxrocks 10-13-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you played correctly for so many hands, you would be half a millionaire now. Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exaggeration. My green line runs at about half my red/blue. So he could realistically have like 250K by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that great too? My green line has always been above the red/blue, but that just depends on the style and stakes (I play 400NL+). Small stakes, obviously your opponents make you go to showdown lot more often, so it's ok to have the green line below the red/blue ones.

Dexytp22 10-13-2007 01:30 PM

Lol at hra's title.

augie_ 10-13-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quick aside: what happened with the 4 million hands thing? weren't there supposed to be 4 million hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't use PT

he doesn't keep accurate records, and so he estimated(more like random guess, since he should have been able to get a reasonably accurate # from his FPP total)

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't use PT?

HE DOESN'T USE PT????

HE DOESN'T USE PT!!!!!!?????????

LOL. seriously, wtf. like, good god. this is unreal. well i hate to break it to everyone, but once fgators figures out what a HUD is and how to use one he will probably become a winning player. like, jesus. wow. i'm stunned. like wtf. i can't stop typing. i'm literally in shock. i thought this guy was just really, really bad. but the reality of it is he probably just plays bad because he plays too many tables.

hra146 10-13-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. Since his "style" relies on heavy showdown frequency his pre-showdown play only manouevers him into favourable spots. So hes bleeding chips left and right but occasionally gets it AI with <75% equity and that (not quite) makes up for earlier losses.

If youre being a good LAG youre pretty much doing the opposite. Youre trying to get hold of every chip thats in the middle by betting and raising, but occasionally people will get you in big showdown pots (where you have much less equity on average).

So in EV graphs:

the LAG lowers his reds and blues but rockets the green
the nutpeddlers have 45° reds and blues but make little money
the TAG makes money by taking the best from both worlds and has a green running slightly below red&blue

... well, and FGators is doing what hes doing.

Jbrochu 10-13-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fgators,
You don't do anything tricky postflop, don't mind soul crushing breakeven streaks and play like a robot. I suggest SnGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

More great advice he's sure to ignore.