Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   im sick of the 'sad life stories' during wsop telecasts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199593)

pokerraja 08-29-2006 09:26 PM

im sick of the \'sad life stories\' during wsop telecasts

wtf, im a caring and emotional type of guy, but all these sad life stories are too much for me to take. like last week that little tidbit about the guy playing in the wsop is going to die in less than 6 months. and today the little kid with the distorted face. i mean, this is poker, im drunk and high watching this,, this is not Oprah for crying out loud! Seriously. total buzz kill.

ps-- and trust me im not the [censored] type, i just think there is a time and place for everything.

Jack Bando 08-29-2006 09:55 PM

Re: im sick of the \'sad life stories\' during wsop telecasts

What is the point of these stories? You're not going to get people to watch WSOP for these stories, and the typical audience doesn't want these stories.

KSOT 08-29-2006 10:02 PM

I hope I'm seated next to Willaim Rockwell in my first main event. I would like nothing more than to handle cards that have been in the grasp of his feet.

jae686 08-29-2006 10:09 PM

Did you know your ass is cleaner than your hands?

Bob Sacamano 08-29-2006 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you know your ass is cleaner than your hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

arsenal905 08-29-2006 10:14 PM

That burn victim is going to give me nightmares

Rottersod 08-29-2006 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, im a caring and emotional type of guy, but all these sad life stories are too much for me to take. like last week that little tidbit about the guy playing in the wsop is going to die in less than 6 months. and today the little kid with the distorted face. i mean, this is poker, im drunk and high watching this,, this is not Oprah for crying out loud! Seriously. total buzz kill.

ps-- and trust me im not the [censored] type, i just think there is a time and place for everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm a compassionate guy and I've certainly had my share of medical problems but enough is enough. I'm watching this to be entertained, not to have nightmares from that poor kids' burns. That was the wrong time and place.

Praetor 08-29-2006 10:21 PM

I hate these segments, just show the [censored] hands please. KTHXBYE

Kevmath 08-29-2006 10:22 PM

This was the kind of feature they should've stuck into the Sunday night SportsCenter with Chris Connelly.

Edit: I've got no problem with the special interest features during the WSOP. However, the Sunday Sportscenter has done plenty of these type of features, why wasn't this one of them?

DragonFiyah 08-29-2006 10:24 PM

And you're getting a few days to think of other places to belong.