Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Best game selection (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542417)

bpmst2 11-09-2007 07:39 PM

Best game selection

I'm curious to see what people find to be the easiest site for players or the trade off with software/customer service?

ChicagoRy 11-09-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Best game selection

Bodog has good CS and very fishy players, but their fast software is buggy as hell.

FTP has fishy players and fast software but their CS sucks.

PS has great CS and pretty fishy players but their software is slow.

Pick your poison.

hra146 11-09-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bodog has good CS and very fishy players, but their fast software is buggy as hell.

Pick your poison.

[/ QUOTE ]

sitck< this sly

Vinetou 11-10-2007 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pick your poison.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a genious. This should be stickied.

TNixon 11-10-2007 06:50 PM

Quick note on FTP software. It's pretty bandwidth heavy, and extremely intolerant of net flakiness. I don't know if any of the other sites are any better, but FT is seriously bad. I've had the client just totally freeze up for minutes at a time when a packet or two gets dropped.

ChicagoRy 11-10-2007 06:51 PM

I have slight freezes on ftp, but nothing major. Enough to feel anger creeping in, but then it blinks again and it's my turn to act and the anger fades.

Did I mention I can't stand disconnects?

daveT 11-10-2007 07:02 PM

If you are going to be multi-tabling on FT, you better have a cable connection and a duo core. Single tabling, I use a P4 with WiFi. I tried multi-tabling, and that was a disaster. This is a common complaint across the board, except from people who have the latest tech.

frankyz 11-12-2007 07:29 PM

Full Tilt is not really that bad. I freeze every now and then, but am back in the next second. I prefer FT's software over other sites. I tried pokerstars, but couldn't use it cos it looks cheap. Cake poker is good, but not that many players.

ChicagoRy 11-12-2007 07:52 PM

I've heard horrible things about Cake's software.

You can change skins and stuff, so Pokerstars looking "cheap" should not be an issue.

I can 2 table FTP's husngs without any major connection issues. I generally will have a 4-5 second freeze once a game on average, but it's not really a big deal.

rja87 11-12-2007 09:13 PM

I've been playing on Bodog, the players are all bad at the low levels and I'm not sure what he meant about the software I haven't encountered any problems yet.