Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Boondocks season 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539447)

Rootabager 11-06-2007 02:16 AM

Boondocks season 2

I have not seen a thread about the new season of Boondocks. It's such a great show.
I am just 2 shows into the 5 that are out now but so far it's pretty good.

The first season was so great it is one of the best shows on tv.

tarheeljks 11-06-2007 02:32 AM

Re: Boondocks season 2

i love it. i like season two, but i like it a little less so far b/c it's not as subtle

Rootabager 11-06-2007 08:39 AM

A Pimp Named Slickback is pretty funny. Ruckus is always funny.

The animation during teh fight scenes is pretty cool too how it seems like the screen is shaking.

WildDan 11-06-2007 10:26 AM

I haven't seen last night's episode, but I've been fairly disappointed with this season.

I agree that it has lost a lot of the subtlety that I loved in Season 1. The Health Inspector episode with the whole Saddam/Convenience Store scene was spectacular. "I can't give you a weapon I'm not holding! You're thinking of the Korean store, North of here!" Comedy gold.

C-Dog 11-06-2007 01:05 PM

Season 1 of this show was amazing.

The Martin Luther King episode, and the one where they shoot up the 7-Eleven were absolutely hilarious.

Also, "A Pimp named Slickback" is the tightest character on the show.

This season has ad some funny stuff though.

C-Dog

Quicksilvre 11-06-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not as subtle

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I think having Tom DuBois get possessed by the ghost of Stinkmeaner more than makes up for it.

tarheeljks 11-07-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's not as subtle

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I think having Tom DuBois get possessed by the ghost of Stinkmeaner more than makes up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

truth, i was rolling on the floor for almost all of that episode. it's just that all of the characters have a little more caricature in them than in season 1. huey, riley and grandad have become too much like the secondary characters. it's still great though.

Rootabager 11-07-2007 01:53 AM

I cant believe boondocks doesnt get more love on here.

This season is nothing compared to season 1, but it's still pretty damn good.

tarheeljks 11-07-2007 01:55 AM

yeah. i've been trying to get the lounge to watch it but i don't think the loungers would appreciate it. they may be a little too old; idk how well they would handle the language

tarheeljks 11-07-2007 01:57 AM

one of my favorite lines is from the mo gunz episode when they're in the dog fight and he says "what [censored] you know got the heart to fly through the middle of nazi germany w/a white woman on his plane? who you know would go and some [censored] like that-- mo gunz"