Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flopped a set - putting in some bets big time. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499524)

Ulkis 09-12-2007 02:47 PM

Flopped a set - putting in some bets big time.

Villain is 16.5/6.8/3.3 on ~170 hands. I cut the action on river but am interested in other streets too.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (15.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

Absolution 09-12-2007 02:52 PM

Re: Flopped a set - putting in some bets big time.

Just call down from the turn 3-bet. He most likely has a straight at this point and that fits with his limping range. His aggression factor is likely due to being fit-or-fold more than being overaggressive.

DBSpecial 09-12-2007 02:55 PM

Why c/r the turn? He was almost guaranteed to jam the pot anyway.

I think I bet/call the river since Villain is a strong player.

Bulletproof Monk 09-12-2007 02:58 PM

i bet the turn for many reasons

as played i dont cap the turn

as played i c/c the river

Smurph64 09-12-2007 10:49 PM

straight or set vs set more than likely here considering the preflop.

I would have likely called the reraise on the flop. Check raised the turn, and called down.

Point Blank 09-12-2007 11:00 PM

OP ... what hands do you think this guy is playing after 2limpers and a poster?
then raises and caps the flop ...

you have a reason to checkraise the turn??

after you check raise - and he still 3jacks it ... you have any thoughts yet?

so now it's the river. you capped the turn without a thought, now why are you confused at this point the jack didn't change much about his hand (except that his back door draw to a flush draw just got there) ...

Ulkis 09-13-2007 02:54 AM

There are 2 limpers and CO posting BB before button calls so with my limited range know-how I don't put him on 99+, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ. With small and middle pairs I try to get in cheaply for set value.

I make my set, put on as many bets I can on the flop, luckily I get some help.

I think K is great for me. I c/r and get 3-bet, I get that sinking feeling but still I cap-----This is the main reason why I posted, I think it is spew to get the sinking feeling and still put in more bets. Then again, I have been listening to my gut since I was 16 and have many times concluded it has [censored] for brains. So after 3-bet I know I am toast. So I c/r because K did not help him.

Fantam 09-13-2007 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet the turn for many reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

I am interested to know why you would have bet the turn, and I am assuming that you would have called down from a turn raise.

I would have called down unimproved from the flop cap.

It seems to me that villain either also has a set or a made straight, and we are behind more often than ahead of 44.

maverickai 09-13-2007 12:11 PM

It seems to me the villian's betting action is screaming 'a straight!'

I would c/c on the turn, and c/c on the river too, if I dun turn a full house. Would this be too passive play?