Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AKs gets 3-bet by tight tag...wtf? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504180)

aceskay 09-18-2007 11:00 PM

Re: AKs gets 3-bet by tight tag...wtf?

He could have any of those aces that have hit 2 pair, basically 3-betting you pf bc you could be stealing from the button.

I think the turn-raise only allows better hands to get more money in, and allows weaker hands to get away. I mean, he is certainly not playing AQ or AJ like this I don't think.

Maybe he has another AK, but even that I doubt he would 3-bet the turn. It looks like 2 pair or a set to me. However, it is difficult to fold that river in the heat of the moment.

sethypooh21 09-18-2007 11:01 PM

the turn is the interesting street. There isn't a card in the deck that I'm raising on the river.

A2 seems like a stretch, even suited.
A6 I guess makes sense, but isn't AQ/AJ more likely or even KK/QQ if he thinks I suck and am overplaying FD?

yourface 09-18-2007 11:03 PM

with the action in the op,
should? probably
will I ever do it? no

I don't think we should fold the river if we just call the turn. he can still have a split or maybe a poorly played AQ

bigmac366 09-18-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A2 seems like a stretch, even suited.
A6 I guess makes sense, but isn't AQ/AJ more likely or even KK/QQ if he thinks I suck and am overplaying FD?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i think as well....but i play much lower and suck much more than other posters.

thats why i asked about your table image though. if you've been lagging it up his 3-ball range gets much larger. in which case i just call down........ which is probably bad too

TheHip41 09-18-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my original post was a grunch.....

seems like many of the old guard disagree with me. the only hand i'm really afraid of on the turn is AA. i just dont think a 19/15 3 balls you with A6, A7, 66, 22.

i'm also wrong ALOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play at like 25/16.5/2 6max, and I am 3betting with 66, and A7s, and A6s, and A2s sometimes,

What I'm saying is, if I take this line on the flop and turn, you are never good, ever.

The more I think about possible combos, I think you have 3 outs on the turn alot, or 0 outs. I think you should fold to the turn 3bet.

I hate super folds, but man, you are done like dinner here.

And yes, this guy can have all those hands that beat you.

bigmac366 09-18-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold to the turn 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but the question was about the river.

fwiw this is exactly how i would play A6,66,or 22 if i were villian. but not A7(weak tight)?

TheHip41 09-18-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold to the turn 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but the question was about the river.

fwiw this is exactly how i would play A6,66,or 22 if i were villian. but not A7(weak tight)?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I don't think I'd bet/3bet A7 on that flop, but who knows that villian might.

This is why I go into "calldown" mode when I get 3bet on the flop, because I don't want to raise/fold the turn.

If I am the SB here, my range on the turn is AA, 66, A6o, A6s, and A2s.

bobhalford 09-18-2007 11:37 PM

jeez all this talk about folding. What if he has AK/AQ? I don't think I'd take any line that involves either folding or raising after villain 3-bets the flop. You see some funny stuff online and raise/folding the turn I think is FPS.

detruncate 09-19-2007 12:33 AM

I just call down after the flop 3-bet. At that point it could be an overambitious A9-AK or maybe something like a PP or flush draw in addition to the hands that have us in rough shape. Nit/tags overplay sometimes, especially against players they consider overly aggressive (which may or may not apply to you depending on how you've been playing lately).

Once he raises the turn, though, it might well be correct to just fold right there since we probably have something like 2 outs on average vs his weighted range.

TheDudeChad 09-19-2007 01:41 AM

I play this the exact same. If you had capped the flop and he led the turn I would just call down, but AQ/AJ/AT are a huge part of his range with this action. I would discount A2 and 22 a lot and A6 slightly. 66 is certainly reasonable.

When he 3bets the turn though, you're almost always smoked or splitting, but I call down.

Also, nits sometimes get crazy in blind battles against someone they perceive as FOS.