Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   billyjex wants his account back (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554797)

durron597 11-26-2007 08:30 PM

Re: billyjex wants his account back

i thought billyjex was a very good poster way back when, but then again i never saw any of the posts he was banned for

[ QUOTE ]

I reluctantly agree that it looks like the days of forgiveness will have to be over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should be doing this on case by case basis

Mat Sklansky 11-26-2007 08:32 PM

I agree, but I'm leaning in the less forgiving direction these days. Especially the next four days.

NT! 11-26-2007 09:46 PM

agree with mat's decision here, people don't get to come crawling back when they realize there is financial incentive to not being a cocksmear on the forums. i have no problem with billyjex personally and really don't remember much about him, just a general opinion.

Gildwulf 11-28-2007 11:06 AM

ok, I told him he couldn't have his account back as per Mat's decision.

It would be ridiculous though if we let degen back though after this decision.

citanul 11-28-2007 03:36 PM

if degen gets his account back i will be sorely tempted to send shemale hookers and male strippers to the twoplustwo office every day for a month.

durron597 11-28-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if degen gets his account back i will be sorely tempted to send shemale hookers and male strippers to the twoplustwo office every day for a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll chip in

Mat Sklansky 11-28-2007 04:27 PM

There is no degen account to "get back". It's completely deleted. I want to make that part clear. And obviously, if he made a new account and didn't out himself, we couldn't stop that.

Just to clarify, you guys are vehemently objecting to degen being allowed to post with a brand new account even as a test? And even though (possibly stupidly) I gave him my word that I would allow him 3 days to see if you guys would change your minds?

durron597 11-28-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, you guys are vehemently objecting to degen being allowed to post with a brand new account even as a test? And even though (possibly stupidly) I gave him my word that I would allow him 3 days to see if you guys would change your minds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am vehemently objecting to this as well.

I love giving people second chances. Hell, POG welcomes BobOjedaFan with open arms, one of the most hated posters on almost every other forum.

I would much, much, much rather see billyjex back who was a great strategy poster in his time (despite the things he was banned for), than see degen back.

JaredL 11-28-2007 05:14 PM

Mat,

Whether you call it getting his account back or a fresh start is essentially arguing semantics. Sure he loses his name but nobody is arguing that he shouldn't get that, we are arguing that he shouldn't be allowed back in any form.

I think telling him you would give him another chance was a serious error in judgment and a bit of an insult to the mods. Of those feeling strongly enough to give an opinion, every single mod has said that they do not think he should be allowed to come back. The only debate on the issue is tuq saying he doesn't really know and could degen really be so bad and responses of yes.

You are telling us through your actions that you don't care much at all about our opinions on such matters. Even if you have some information we don't, I would have thought that if you valued our opinions then you would at least see if any mod supported your idea of giving him a second chance before giving him your word.

Gambling references are annoying but I think giving him another chance is chasing bad money with good.

Jared

Mat Sklansky 11-28-2007 05:22 PM

i told him that on the phone before consulting you guys. most of the opinions came after.

so i'll admit to error, but not " that you don't care much at all about our opinions "