Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Can I bring my glock to a home game? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=229363)

crestedbutte 10-05-2006 04:22 PM

Can I bring my glock to a home game?

I live in a state where I can carry concealed. I have a permit to carry and usually carry everywhere. However, when I'm invited to a home game of someone I don't know, or where there will be people I don't know, I'm not sure what I should do.

First, my questioning it isn't because I think I'm gonna need it. But it's posed in general as a person entering somebody else's home who I don't know with a firearm. Should I ask the homeowner? Should I just leave it in the car? Should I not tell anyone?

I am carrying concealed, so most likely nobody would ever know. There's always the chance that the gun could get printed or accidentally revealed. I'm afraid if this happens it would panic everyone else there since they don't know me. After all, how would you feel if you saw the dude next to you was packing. We're aren't playing high stakes, $20-$40 buy-in tourneys, so chance of robbery or foul play is low. But who knows. However, I'd kick myself if one day I needed it and it was in the car.

10-05-2006 04:33 PM

Re: Can I bring my glock to a home game?

$20-$40 tournies tend to have the most collusion.
def pack it.

keikiwai 10-05-2006 04:36 PM

just bring a kalashnikov to your next game and lay it on the table in full view with the safety off and a banana clip in place

mlagoo 10-05-2006 04:37 PM

lol DEF BRING IT WHAT IF SOMEONE THREATENS YOU

DING-DONG YO 10-05-2006 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just bring a kalashnikov to your next game and lay it on the table in full view with the safety off and a banana clip in place

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice. Duck tape two together even for easy reloading action.

AR-15s are also nice. PM for instructions on conversion to full auto.

Georgia Avenue 10-05-2006 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol DEF BRING IT WHAT IF SOMEONE STABS YOU

[/ QUOTE ]

crestedbutte 10-05-2006 04:41 PM

Hmmm, after these responses I think I need to bring an extra mag too! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 30 rounds should be enough.

mdkrahn 10-05-2006 04:42 PM

lol,

if you need to consider packing to goto a $20-40 tourney homegame, you probably shouldn't even go.

Georgia Avenue 10-05-2006 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol DEF BRING IT WHAT IF SOMEONE BAD BEATS YOU

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun with fypin'!

crestedbutte 10-05-2006 04:44 PM

mdkrahn,

My question is actually the opposite. I carry all the time. Should I "unpack" when going to a homegame?