Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Flopped set - Line Check. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524105)

dmoney 10-16-2007 08:54 AM

Flopped set - Line Check.

***** Hand History for Game 6416247409 *****
$50 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Monday, October 15, 21:26:04 ET 2007
Table Table 129364 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: TableATM ( $49.25 USD )
<font color="red">Seat 2: jubjub1 ( $64.89 USD )
Seat 4: handsomeDee ( $56.72 USD ) </font>
Seat 5: jpz99 ( $54.40 USD )
Seat 6: PzKpfw_VI ( $46.25 USD )
jubjub1 posts small blind [ $0.25 USD ].
handsomeDee posts big blind [ $0.50 USD ].

Holecards:
Dealt to handsomeDee [3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
jpz99 folds
PzKpfw_VI folds
TableATM folds
RAISE jubjub1, $1.25 USD
CALL handsomeDee , $1 USD

Flop:
[Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
BET jubjub1, $1 USD
RAISE handsomeDee , $4 USD
RAISE jubjub1, $7 USD
CALL handsomeDee , $4 USD

Turn:
[8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BET jubjub1, $8 USD
RAISE handsomeDee , $27.50 USD
RAISE jubjub1, $39 USD
ALL-IN handsomeDee [ $19.72 USD ]
CALL jubjub1, $0.22 USD

ragip 10-16-2007 09:05 AM

Re: Flopped set - Line Check.

I would raise again on the flop to $20 or so given the flush draw, but I don't know if this bad. Am I losing a lot of value by pushing him out too early when I do this?

sl8a 10-16-2007 09:12 AM

I would raise again on the flop, push turn.

Berky 10-16-2007 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise again on the flop to $20 or so given the flush draw, but I don't know if this bad. Am I losing a lot of value by pushing him out too early when I do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO YES, you loose a ton of value doing this. Just becuase there is a FD out there doesn't mean he has it it's very hard for him to have it. I sometimes if I'm sure he doesn't have a FD cold call the flop to make it look like I'm on the flush draw that way alot of players will fire a second barrel with air then I can raise the turn. It's a risky play but IMO i haven't had any real problems with it. If it's like a 4 way pot then def raise it up again with the FD out there but HU there is no real reason to.

edit: BTw I like how OP played this hand. I probably would have done the same in a HU situation.

bambam16 10-16-2007 02:07 PM

Should we be concerned about the fact that he 3 bet the flop, we called, and now he bets into us when a seemingly harmless 8 hits the turn?

I like how hero played the flop, but villian's lead into us on the turn seems a little fishy. Thoughts?

Milky 10-16-2007 02:18 PM

Raise flop to $12 or so, your minraise is bad. Looks like villain has a hand and if he has a queen you can probably felt him here as this is a blind battle.

Milky 10-16-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should we be concerned about the fact that he 3 bet the flop, we called, and now he bets into us when a seemingly harmless 8 hits the turn?

I like how hero played the flop, but villian's lead into us on the turn seems a little fishy. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Could be a queen that doesn't want the turn checked through, could be Q8 that hit 2 pair, etc. I'd try to get my money in here.

willyc 10-16-2007 03:30 PM

A flush draw isn't min-re-raising you on the flop, and by the turn we can be sure villain's not on a flush draw. Also Q8 isn't 3-betting the flop. I don't see what this could be other than set over set. Villain's stats particularly aggression factor would be helpful here though.

Genz 10-16-2007 03:38 PM

I raise to $14 all day to reopen the betting and get it all-in. He raised small preflop so his flop play says that he was tricky before the flop. I expect to see AA, KK, AQ here a lot. Some players will stack off with JJ here, but that is very read dependant. If you are unlucky, he has QQ, 44.

Phytopath 10-16-2007 06:56 PM

The OP didn't min raise the flop, the villian 3 bet min raised to 7.

4-betting the flop screams monster, the way you did it makes it look like you had a draw, which I really like since you only lose your opponent now if the flush card comes on the turn. Your opponent doesn't seem to be drawing.

The reason for 4 betting the flop is if you opponent bets really small, alot of them do if they have a made hand on the turn.

But I do like the way you played it and would do it the same most of the time, if it is set over set so be it, but I feel AQ, KK or AA is just as likely.