Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   My PPC keeps falling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278121)

Colt McCoy 12-08-2006 06:40 PM

Re: My PPC keeps falling

[ QUOTE ]
colt: any tips on targetting those pay per leads ads so they'll show up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure exactly what you mean by show up? I just started with them a few days ago, but they're soooo easy to convert, especially the zip code ones. Things like free iPods, etc. Just slap them up on your site(s). Ridiculously easy.

majesty2009 12-08-2006 06:40 PM

You gotta be smart when picking key words. A home sells for $400,000-$1,500,000. They will pay 50 cents to $1.25 per click. Someone selling cameras, PS3s, e-books, ect will not pay so much. There is a balance though. Asbestos lawyers pay some of the highest rates per click but if your not ranked in a search engine it may be difficult to get people to go to your site. Go for a medium paying keyword that will be easier to get traffic. PS3s are realy low paying, but I made $50 a day for three days after the launch because there were so many people looking for info on them. The ads said PS3s in stock so they got clicked like crazy. Thats a special situation. Keyword selection is one of the most important aspects to makeing earnings with adsense.

I had one site that got 43 clicks in a day and paid me $50 and another that got 250 clicks and only paid me $15. I spent a lot of time to drum up enough traffic to get 250 clicks. It just wasn't worth my time.

majesty2009 12-08-2006 06:45 PM

One thing I do is Google a keyword and see what ads come up. I also see if they are interesting and if I think anyone will click them. This is a good way to preview the types of ads that will come up with a topic you are considering.

maxtower 12-08-2006 08:11 PM

What you are saying is true. But I think that if a keyword is paying $1 per click, smart webmasters are going to target these keywords making it more difficult to get traffic. I am just guessing here, but I think that eventually the payouts on these will be tough to get or the traffic will. $1 per click is just too big of an incentive.

majesty2009 12-08-2006 08:23 PM

This is true. It will be almost impossible to get ranked in a search engine for one of these terms. Asbestos has so many sites because it is so high paying. There are ways to get traffic still and with the $1 per click you can make decent money off of lower traffic.

It's realy just a ballance. Low paying adds need to be clicked a lot so you need a TON of traffic. The oposite is true for higher paying ads. Go with whateve makes you the money. I actualy have an assortment of sites with low paying ads and high paying ads and they compliment eachother. I would just suggest that you dont work too hard on a site that has ads that pay 6 cents. For my experiance its hard to turn a profit at that level.

DOTTT 12-12-2006 10:59 AM

Thanks for the replies.

It's down to .24 cents right now. The thing is though my blog isn’t really a niche. It's just about the stock market, and I would think that subject is covered a great deal already.

Colt McCoy 12-12-2006 11:33 AM

Read This.

Disclaimer: No this isn't my blog, but I think this post might help you.

I Gotta Push 12-12-2006 03:23 PM

Are you guys selling specific products in your niche or just providing information? Are you using adWords to redirect people to your page and instead click on your ads?

I Gotta Push 12-15-2006 01:59 AM

bump found a keyword elite magic link - pm me