Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Ikaika 11-03-2007 07:45 AM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

I feel like I'm playing better...money going in good most times now. I feel like I'm like on the brink of "getting it." Gonna try and log a bunch of hands this month and move up.

Been working with Carnivalhobo to try and improve my thought processes...he sends me an interesting hand and I have to explain why a certain line was taken, whether the line maximizes value, etc. Pretty difficult sometimes but its really helping.

monkover 11-03-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone play more random games on a daily basis than me? Yesterday was Razz MTT, some limit and no limit. Thursday was all limit. Earlier this week a ton of Omaha. Some 30nl 200bb deep before that. Donkaments. I should like pick a game? Nah... better to be slightly above average at all! Heh.

Tonight.... HU SNG NL Tournaments! Only because NL Cash HU plays way above my bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it´s def a lot of fun i´ve been playing minibet a lot lately but i´m breaking even at 5/10 but maybe that´s just b/c that is the first time i´ve played limit... Should one play lower than 5/10 sh and 8/16 hu to learn the game?
It def was a fun experience though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
and i´ve played qute a lot of stud lately which obv is a lot of fun too.
<sad story>
The only problem is that i´m not really +ev at any of these games so i´ll prob just stick to holdem and make my 6ptbb/100...
</sad story>

Gelford 11-03-2007 07:57 AM

5/10$ minbet ? (internet ?)

monkover 11-03-2007 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah i know how stupid that is...

Gelford 11-03-2007 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it is stupid, but I don't think you're in the micros anymore [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

monkover 11-03-2007 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it is stupid, but I don't think you're in the micros anymore [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

true but at that point i was still playing 100nl/200nl before i cashed out b/c i decided i only wanted to play with my profit. So then i left a 50nl roll and with yesterday´s tourney cash i can play 100nl again and soon i´ll start taking shots at 200nl again.
Is 5/10 medium stakes for limit? it surely isn´t highstakes b/c i didn´t get raped there over the couple of k hands i played.

Gelford 11-03-2007 08:19 AM

limit is a strange beast ... and I actually think that the games are fairly soft (at least on the euro sites I play)

Recommended bankroll is 500-1000BB with 500BB=the usual 20BI recommendation for NL in terms of security.

I personally view 1/2$=100NL, 2/4$=200NL etc .. not in terms of difficulty as much as in terms of roll and swings

I might be too conservative tho, and a case can be made for saying that 2/4$=100NL etc ... which I don't have no problems with.

Still 5/10$ is not a small game .. but beatable as far as I could tell the few times I've played it (I usually am found on the 1/2 and 2/4 tables)

Also I only play fishmax, I can't stand FR in any form for poker except for the Stud based games. (where FR=8 players btw due to there only being 52 cards in a deck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

vixticator 11-03-2007 08:23 AM

Wow I just played 417 hands of minbet .5/1 and won ~95bb's. I run good but I also play sooooo much better than NL.

Gelford 11-03-2007 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I just played 417 hands of minbet .5/1 and won ~95bb's. I run good but I also play sooooo much better than NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

uNL minbet fever FTW!

vixticator 11-03-2007 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uNL minbet fever FTW!

[/ QUOTE ]Heh, I just started playing it again. I swear the game is easier now than it was 3 years ago. Or, maybe I'm better. Both prob. No one ever folds Ace high now head's up. And always peel flop with one no matter how many players and pay off. Get paid off by bottom pair 100% of the time. Why didn't anyone tell me this when I was wasting my time in NL?