Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Am I ahead often enough to justify this call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554740)

KCrow 11-26-2007 12:19 PM

Am I ahead often enough to justify this call?

Villain is unknown, no stats no reads.

A river CR is never good, am I ahead here often enough to make calling this profitable.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $50
CO: $51.55
Hero (BTN): $50.80
SB: $55.75
BB: $19.25
UTG: $49.50

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($5.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, SB folds, MP calls $4

River: ($13.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $14</font>, Hero............

directscooter 11-26-2007 12:24 PM

Re: Am I ahead often enough to justify this call?

I call this everytime............ and always lose. River check minraise is at worst a set here, most of the time probably the nuts, but I still call everytime getting 5-1.

bsball8806 11-26-2007 12:29 PM

Are we good 20% of the time here? That's the question. I can see him doing this with anything from 2pr to a set, to a straight. He'll very rarely do this as a bluff, but don't you think he'd do more than min raise on the river to give us such good odds?

It sucks because the only 2pr's we beat are 72 and 62. Aces up beat us, any set beats us, 9 10 (very possible) and 45 beat us. I actually don't think we're good 20% of the time. I don't think I've ever seen a line (check, c/c, c/minraise) as a bluff.

bsball8806 11-26-2007 12:31 PM

I usually call here, though. I suppose he could just be an idiot and do this with 62 or 72, or possibly even a slowplayed TP. Also could be a misclick

KCrow 11-26-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose he could just be an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate spots like this because so often I find I'm behind, in this case you were right........he was an idot, I called and he had QQ.

Fetzi 11-26-2007 01:43 PM

You are kind of flattered when the River gives you a 2pr and villain donks into you. I find myself not thinking long enough before I snap call that minraise.

EyeJackit 11-26-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are kind of flattered when the River gives you a 2pr and villain donks into you. I find myself not thinking long enough before I snap call that minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain didn't donk he check raised.

It is definitely an odd line here by villain but I like the call.

thursday 11-26-2007 02:45 PM

this is one of those spots where i need to fold more. it's one of those situations where you're highly expecting the villain to call or fold, then he raises. you're hardly every good in these kind of river decisions IMO.

i don't mind a call with some sort of read, but here it's a fold. yet i still call in a fit of rage.

Dalek 11-26-2007 02:47 PM

Easy call. there is a higher than 5-1 chance that this guy is an idiot or has made a second best hand.

poker_n00b 11-26-2007 02:49 PM

i think this is a losing call over the long run.