Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/25- I pick up a big draw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499981)

wdead 09-13-2007 06:52 AM

Re: 10/25- I pick up a big draw

i dont like a raise cuz it really looks like u picked up a big draw. call and i dont see how folding is an option

Kirkrrr 09-13-2007 07:32 AM

PF is whatever, I bet the flop like 90% of the time when they check to me especially with your image.. then again, if you did that often you wouldn't have your tight image to begin with... but whatever, you do so bet the flop. Raising turn is terrible, you're representing absolutely nothing that makes sense, just call. You have half the deck as your outs since we're definitely betting/raising if clubs come, v-betting an A if it comes, and checking behind if we miss.

Kirk

ceczar 09-13-2007 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folded to a very solid, tag player in MP, he raises to 250 which can be a wide range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just doesnt make sense to me. If this is standard raise in game then that is fine, I have been in live games like that, but why are you calling with AJ? This is a big raise for even 25/50 so you are essentially playing with <100 bb. Just fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

there probably was a $50 straddle, in which case a 250 preflop raise would have been a standard open for this game. you obviously can't fold this preflop. though reraising is probably better than calling, especially if MP has a decently large opening raise here (which is true, though unstated in the post).
if there wasn't a straddle, it is a very large open and folding is probably ok (though since it was me, if there wasn't a straddle i certainly thought there was anyway)

if he will call with AQ+, i would just call the the turn.

chuckbomb 09-14-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have half the deck as your outs since we're definitely betting/raising if clubs come, v-betting an A if it comes, and checking behind if we miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but do you really think a decent player would put him on clubs after the flop check?

You should really bet this flop, being able to represent clubs later is one of many reasons (your hand is disguised if you hit something, sets up future plays, etc).

As played, I think you have to call turn, a raise on that board screams "I JUST PICKED UP A DRAW" after the flop check.

klownage 09-14-2007 09:37 PM

lol @ raising turn. Call.

riverboatking 09-14-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like raising the turn here. You open yourself up to get pushed off your hand which could stack your opponent if he's got KJ or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt he's stacking anyone if he hits his hand.
that being said bet the flop, call the turn.

TxRedMan 09-15-2007 01:51 AM

preflop might be a spew, depends on several things, but given your description i'd say it's a spew.

that said, call turn.

raising here would be bad for several reasons, the most important being the fact that a lot of good players will put you on your hand and blow you off your draw.

rsxpunk 09-15-2007 03:46 AM

pre seems really bad, lol at the people saying fold, we has a combo draw

duck_butter 09-15-2007 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like raising the turn here. You open yourself up to get pushed off your hand which could stack your opponent if he's got KJ or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt he's stacking anyone if he hits his hand.
that being said bet the flop, call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I was thinking the non-heart K had potential but looking back at the hand see that is an obvious draw as well. Either way, I don't like the turn raise because it opens himself up to get pushed off his hand.

spino1i 09-15-2007 04:34 AM

Raise and represent a Q. This only works if you raise here when you have KQ/AQ and the opp knows it. If you dont, you are forced to call.