Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers "the year we missed out on KG" thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476810)

hanster 08-13-2007 10:05 PM

*Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thread

*Sigh*

When will Kupcake do something?

If season starts today this is our opening day roster:
C-Kwame Brown
C-Chris Mihm
C-Andrew Bynum
F-Ronny Turiaf
F-Lamar Odom
F-Vlad Rad
F-Brian Cook
F-Luke Walton
G-Kobe Bryant
G-Maurice Evans
G-Derek Fisher
G-Jordan Farmar
G-Sasha Vujacic
G-Coby Karl
G-Javaris Crittenton

The players in bold will probably be our starters. (Maybe Farmar over D-Fish or Mihm over Brown. Whatever)

Anyone happy with making the playoff as the 7th or 8th seed and getting destroyed in the first round again? I know I'm not.

I want JO.

Six_of_One 08-13-2007 10:18 PM

Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thread

Yes, because JO will get us to the 6th seed and a not-quite-so-embarrassing first round loss. That's much better.

hanster 08-13-2007 10:25 PM

Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because JO will get us to the 6th seed and a not-quite-so-embarrassing first round loss. That's much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] At least we will almost guarantee ourself a playoff spot. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Suns/Mavs/Spurs
Rockets/Nuggets/Utah

I think those teams are the top two tiers of the Western Conference at this moment. This basically leaves two spots for the remaining teams
Clippers, Hornets, Warriors, Lakers, Kings, Blazers.

Yea not THAT optimistic.

LionelHutz00 08-13-2007 10:34 PM

It's gonna be a depressing year. Go Bruins!

kidcolin 08-13-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually is better. A lot better.

hanster 08-13-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually is better. A lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. But we probably would have preferred KG [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Enjoy yourself this season watching Celts games gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa.

Honestly, I don't know how other Lakers fans felt when they heard the news. My first response was whoa, then a second response of doubt for Kupchak's inability to get [censored] done. Yes maybe one day Bynum will be as good as Wilt and Russell and we will all look back and think ah how foolish we are to think of trading a young gamble for a almost-at-the-end-tail-of-his-prime KG. Miserable.

Oh well, 2008-2009 season looks promising as we will have some caproom to sign a player when Kwame comes off the payroll hahahahahahaha

TheNoodleMan 08-13-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want JO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take him

sincerely,

a fed up pacers fan

kidcolin 08-14-2007 12:26 AM

"Ya. But we probably would have preferred KG . Enjoy yourself this season watching Celts games gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa"

With the addition of KG, Pierce is on record saying he's targeting a playing weight of 230 instead of the 240-245 he's been rocking the last two seasons. Reason? So he can guard positions 1-3. And he's working on defense all summer.

I don't know how close to getting the deal done the Lakers were, but if Bynum really was all that stood between Kidd coming to the Lakers, Kupchak should have been fired on the spot.

Six_of_One 08-14-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know how close to getting the deal done the Lakers were, but if Bynum really was all that stood between Kidd coming to the Lakers, Kupchak should have been fired on the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know (which isn't far), the Lakers were willing to part with Bynum, Odom, and draft picks/other players to get KG, but Minnesota didn't think the offer was good enough.

TheRedRocket 08-14-2007 01:52 AM

the lakers didn't miss out on KG, they had zero chance to trade for him. what exactly did you think the GM could do? he can't just will young players or draft picks on the team