Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How do I Tell a Girl that she Smells Bad? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513828)

adsman 10-02-2007 11:03 AM

How do I Tell a Girl that she Smells Bad?

There's this young chick who's a semi-regular in my bar. Comes in every weekend and normally lasts the whole night. She's in her early twenties, about an OOT 7, and a generally all round nice young woman. Apart from the tiny little problem regarding her body odour.

The fact is that she smells bad. How bad? Well from behind the bar it's like getting hit with a baseball bat across the nasal zone. If she's sitting at the bar and I'm working, I need to stay out of a five foot zone around her person.

Nobody says anything to her because, well this is the problem. How do you say something? I want her to fix her personal hygine more for herself than for me. I feel bad for her. I feel bad for me too having to work with her there, but I feel more bad for her. I think...

So how do I tell her without completely alienating her from my bar? I live in a small mountain valley. It's important to keep the regulars happy. Even if they do smell to high heaven.

oddjob 10-02-2007 11:10 AM

Re: How do I Tell a Girl that she Smells Bad?

give her an anonymous note. say, someone asked me to give this to you. and make it polite, suggesting she shower before you come to the bar.

solids 10-02-2007 11:12 AM

I would likely just mention that something smells bad every time you are around her and hope she gets the idea.

Also, I'm having a hard time believing she is an OOT 7, yet still has a smell zone of 5 feet. That type of blast radius is typically common in only hobos or the elderly.

Klompy 10-02-2007 11:13 AM

A gift package of soaps and perfumes?

oddjob 10-02-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would likely just mention that something smells bad every time you are around her and hope she gets the idea.

Also, I'm having a hard time believing she is an OOT 7, yet still has a smell zone of 5 feet. That type of blast radius is typically common in only hobos or the elderly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've definitely been around girls who were 6s or greater that had some serious odor problems. and they're way too cute for anyone to just tell them they smell bad.

Yobz 10-02-2007 11:16 AM

"You smell funny, take a shower."

adsman 10-02-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite a laugh during the night to see guys come up to her and to wait for the look on their faces when the smell hits them and they make the connection to her. It's this universal look that transcends all cultures and borders which is best summed up by, "Not fair!"

Paul B. 10-02-2007 11:20 AM

What does she smell like? Cheese? Fish? Poop? Wet dog?

adsman 10-02-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stale, three day old body odour and sweat. It's offensive.

oddjob 10-02-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stale, three day old body odour and sweat. It's offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

is she a hippy?